Foundation reduction in height

SHughesNI

hi
The builder has turned up on site and isn't able to complete the foundations as in the drawing mainly due to the concrete being delivered tomorrow and feels too late to figure it out now. As I have had numerous let downs this is the first builder who has turned up when they said they would so my happy face is staying on no matter what happens.
Question - Instead of doing the 40mm drop as in the pics he's going for a straight 9m x 9m foundation. How is this going to affect the overhang?
Does anyone know of any clever way to enable the 40mm reduction before the pour tomorrow (Thursday) morning?
If no one does is there any way after the pour I can reduce by 40mm both in the porch and the roller door?

Any help would be appreciated.

445 Base.pdf 445 Elevations.pdf

Edited by SHughesNI
add docs of setup

Do the pour and let it start to go green. Then you need to dig out the excess down by 40mm, and put a piece of wood either side and level between. 

Get a sheet of polystyrene insulation and weight it down between two bits of wood that mark the gaps you need.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

It would be normal to use shuttering to stop the concrete flowing into the area where you don't want it.  40mm is not very much.  If you post the drawing and a picture of the excavation someone may suggest the simplest way.

Apologies. I uploaded the pdf of the image>
See attached 

foundation.png

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by SHughesNI

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Do the pour and let it start to go green. Then you need to dig out the excess down by 40mm, and put a piece of wood either side and level between. 

Get a sheet of polystyrene insulation and weight it down between two bits of wood that mark the gaps you need.  

I said that to him and he said that wouldn't work. He said the concrete would flow back . I am going to try it anyways. Whats the worse that can happen? (noy going to tempt fate here but check back in 2 days and you might just find out ?)

Edited by SHughesNI

3 hours ago, markc said:

The builder should be able to sort that while waiting for the concrete to turn up, or while leveling and finishing is in progress

any clue as to what you would suggest? I have added clearer photos and I have attached here what currently has been done. 

IMG_20200916_192845.jpg

You can shutter the verandah bit off completely with 6 x 2.  Concrete either side, with one side 40mm lower then remove the 6x2 before the concrete completely goes off and infill the gap.  Threshold would be easier to just scape off when it has set a bit.  This is not that hard to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You can shutter the verandah bit off completely with 6 x 2.  Concrete either side, with one side 40mm lower then remove the 6x2 before the concrete completely goes off and infill the gap.  Threshold would be easier to just scape off when it has set a bit.  This is not that hard to do.

Thanks. Will put this to the builder. Having a bit of a problem getting shuttering at the minute. I had to travel 40 miles to get 6 x 3 today.