Bathroom Suite for HMO

greido

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade the bathroom and en suite in an HMO Property I have. 

As this is an investment property I'm looking to keep the costs low but I need it to be durable and look great, can anyone recommend a good supplier for the following items:

Bath 

Bath screen
2 x Sinks

2 x toilets

2 x vanity units

Shower tray

Shower cubicle/enclosure

Many thanks in advance.

@pocster is your man here - he is the resident Buildhub slum landlord ... ?

In seriousness - if you want cheap then contract suites in white from the merchants, or even Wickes or B&Q. The downside is they aren’t the best quality. Have you tried Victoria Plumb or British Bathrooms..??

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PeterW said:

@pocster is your man here - he is the resident Buildhub slum landlord ... ?

In seriousness - if you want cheap then contract suites in white from the merchants, or even Wickes or B&Q. The downside is they aren’t the best quality. Have you tried Victoria Plumb or British Bathrooms..??

B&Q etc . are the type of thing you want . Also push taps on the sink - so can’t be left running .

14 hours ago, greido said:

I should have added, I will need to source floor and wall tiles too for both the bathroom and En Suite.

Floor tiles B & Q again . Get a dark colour as doesn’t show dirt - also nice and cheap 

My HMO ensuites have zero tiled walls use the ‘panels’ - no grout to deal with and easy to clean 

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the replies, I'm very grateful.

Are the tiles from B&Q of decent quality? - They look fine to me but I was a little worried about how robust they are in the long term; this is a property I intend holding onto for a long time so don't mind paying a little extra to get tiles and bathroom suites that are durable.

The kitchen floor tiles were laid around 18 years ago, they were expensive at the time but still look great today, I just want to be confident that I will get the longevity from a cheaper B&Q tile.......... Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, greido said:

Many thanks for the replies, I'm very grateful.

Are the tiles from B&Q of decent quality? - They look fine to me but I was a little worried about how robust they are in the long term; this is a property I intend holding onto for a long time so don't mind paying a little extra to get tiles and bathroom suites that are durable.

The kitchen floor tiles were laid around 18 years ago, they were expensive at the time but still look great today, I just want to be confident that I will get the longevity from a cheaper B&Q tile.......... Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. 

Sure spend a bit extra on floor tiles for the ensuites - it's only a small area. I think I was just suggesting that any reasonable floor tile will do the job if laid correctly.