Sellotape and elastic band IT mess at BM

While visiting various Builders Merchants over the past two years I have often observed trade counter staff struggling with their internal IT systems.

Apparently the head of Travis Perkins admitted in 2016 he was hoping to replace his 1980's green-screen Sellotape and elastic band IT mess with a swanky new ERP system. According to The Register that systems renewal project has been aborted and the IT vendor paid out £4.2 million in compensation which is peanuts compared to the £111 million write of for projects costs.

https://www.theregister.com/2020/09/14/infor_pays_uk_retailer_travis/

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

Never been in : just a quick look at their prices online ?

The first time I purchased something from TP the store manager was very keen for me to open a self builders account. I responded saying your prices alway look way above the prevailing industry prices, he responded by telling me their advertised prices bare no resemblance to actual selling prices. That TP store has now closed, how does TP expect to remain in business.

I sense a business in terminal decline with a price list designed to deter customers and IT incompetence leading to a £111 million write off.