Hilldes

Please review my foundation/floor/wall junction detailing

I think that's to stop water running out of the screed rather than act as a DPC? I've seen plastic sheeting recommended to help water retention during the curing process.

Sorry if already mentioned but.. Are you building internal walls off the B&B floor or off the screed/concrete? 

If the screed is going in after the internal walls then where the screed meets at doorways you should form an expansion gap. This is less important for timber floors but essential with tiles/stone. The screed will most likely shrink slightly towards the centre of each room pulling apart/cracking at doorways. The crack won't be straight and can curve more into one room than the other. It can propagate through the tiles as we found out.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Temp said:

Sorry if already mentioned but.. Are you building internal walls off the B&B floor or off the screed/concrete? 

Good point @Temp The non load bearing internal walls will be built on top of  the concrete topping.

The load bearing internal walls will have a section of ring beam supporting them. That detailing is next on my list, current thinking is the concrete/marmox block courses would extend up to support these LB internal walls in the same way as the external walls, but open to suggestions. 

P.S. flooring will be timber.