It is time for site signage…

Dreadnaught

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

Reached the stage of needing to buy my site signage. What signs do I need? 

As a Domestic Client, (CDM 2015) none, I think. 

But simple caution says, First Aid and First Aid related stuff : the standard Get the Hell Orf My Land You Oik.  I also signposted where the safety gear (harnesses, bump hats, gloves, eye protection and shackles)  was kept. Just in case anyone decided to claim that I never told anyone about the gear available on site. I also clealy marked any live wires (extensions)

I  also made up an H+S briefing notice (specific to the site)  laminated it and pinned it to the site ' office ' (a board screwed to the site stillage racks, and covered with clear plastic to keep the rain off)

The most useful sign was for site parking. A couple of delivery drivers commented that they thought it was helpful - our lane is narrow.

• Thanks 1

I just put one of these on the gate to keep my BI happy, also to stop my stroppy neighbour fir having a go at me. My main contractor was not fussed as my caravan had a first aid kit and loo fir his guys to use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Building-Site-Sign-Construction-Site-Safety-Signage-5mm-Corrrex-Signs

lots of others On Ebay.

Edited by joe90
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I just put one of these on the gate to keep my BI happy, also to stop my stroppy neighbour fir having a go at me. My main contractor was not fussed as my caravan had a first aid kit and loo fir his guys to use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Building-Site-Sign-Construction-Site-Safety-Signage-5mm-Corrrex-Signs

lots of others On Ebay.

Exactly what I used too

On 11/09/2020 at 09:38, PeterW said:

Print it and laminate it 

Thanks @PeterW. That worked well. I bought 8x laminating pouches for £1 as an experiment and they come up a treat using an iron. Will be stapling them to the gate to my plot tomorrow.

Three so far:

1) The house number (as my gate looks like a generic garden gate rather than a building site).

2) A sign saying "For site deliveries please call…" with my phone number.

3) And a generic site safety one like this…

51DJXDGLvaL._AC_.jpg

Edited by Dreadnaught
  • Like 1