Gimme a Clay Spade every time

ToughButterCup

One way of annoying a newbie digger driver is to give her a digger and tell her to dig a hole in Lancashire: more accurately the Fylde coast.

This what you get:

20170109_095948.jpg

A bucket full of clay - that won't come out of the bucket. Try as I might -swearing-shovelling-crowbarring- Nadda. Nichts. Rien. It sits there looking at you. And then you ask on BuildHub how to sort this problem out and you buy one of these bad boys (bad people)

A Clay Spade

20170109_090813_001.jpg

Hallelujah! This happens...

20170109_091031.jpg

And then when you've stopped swearing and start grinning, a little while later you get to find water..... 

20170109_095112.jpg

Out comes the magnet and its .................  CAST IRON.  Phhhheeeeeww. I was told by those locals who 'know'  that the pipe is asbestos. 

The man from the Water Board came out, looked at it, sucked his teeth, tapped it, got his ray gun out, zapped it, sucked his dentures some more and said.

"Tha's dun me job fer me maaaate. Aye, 'appen, it's awreet is 'at. Pilin', it'll be nay borra, 'appen" and promptly  left.

With the back doors of his van open and all his tools cascading  out onto the road.

I nearly wet myself with a mixture of relief and laughter

Well, that's that one sorted. 

Next: piling mat.