Non slip decking boards.

ProDave

I am doing my access ramp in timber and needed some non slip decking boards.  The ones that have a non slip surface moulded into two of the strips on each plank.  As luck would have it one of the merchants had some, which was a good job as nowhere I have yet tried has any of the ordinary decking, there seems to be a general timber shortage around here at the moment.

So I needed to cut a load of 1 metre long strips of this non slip decking.  I started using my chop saw.  Very quickly the chop saw blade started getting hot and bothered, and I got the first 4 lengths, 16 1 metre planks, cut before the blade would have it no more.  I thought nothing of it, it was an old blade that had done lots of work, so was probably on it's last legs.

I didn't have a spare so i ordered a pack of 3.  They arrived yesterday. I fitted a new blade this morning and started chopping planks again.  It was not long before it started struggling and I just about managed the last 12 planks and this new blade is goosed.

So just a heads up, if you are planning on using this non slip decking, don't expect an ordinary timber saw blade to be much good.  I am not sure what you want, but something substantially more robust.

Just found that Skil (genuine) saw blades don't like decking screws! 

20200906_125018.thumb.jpg.bc3588c1740adb07c185b5d9300410c6.jpg

Mug that I am I'd brought the Evolution saw too. 

Can't decide on repair locally or replace...

20200906_120021.thumb.jpg.1ede97116b9db56ca6e9bd6879fdeb92.jpg

IMG-20200906-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.3f60aadd84d30200bef899c272d33945.jpeg

20200906_125834.jpg

Edited by Onoff