Pearlstone Shower Trays

I bought a pearlstone tray (ebay) as it was the only one available in the 1000x1000 size I wanted at the time. I think there would be nothing wrong with it if fitted to a solid base eg concrete. I had in on legs and it bowed and eventually cracked - lasted about 15 months! Personally I would go for stone resin, which is what has replaced it- a bit more money, but worth it in the long run.

If you need it raised off the floor, don't bother with the leg systems, build a solid base out of 4x2 and WPB ply.

Kohler and Bette do steel trays, but never tried them.

Whatever you go for check it the day it arrives for flatness and store it flat.

1 hour ago, bassanclan said:

I bought a pearlstone tray (ebay) as it was the only one available in the 1000x1000 size I wanted at the time. I think there would be nothing wrong with it if fitted to a solid base eg concrete. I had in on legs and it bowed and eventually cracked - lasted about 15 months! Personally I would go for stone resin, which is what has replaced it- a bit more money, but worth it in the long run.

If you need it raised off the floor, don't bother with the leg systems, build a solid base out of 4x2 and WPB ply.

Kohler and Bette do steel trays, but never tried them.

Whatever you go for check it the day it arrives for flatness and store it flat.

It would be on concrete, I'll check out the stone resin ones. Strangely there isn't much in it price wise but the Pearlstone looks more modern.

Edited by canalsiderenovation

We have 2 stone resin trays that we recently fitted, one is 800 x 1700  and the other is 900 x 1700 - I personally think 700mm wide is a bit tight.

They are made by Traymate UK - they are 25mm thick.

They are nice trays - two things I didnt like - they come with a Wirquin swirl waste - I swapped them for McAlpine wastes and we could not find anyone who would supply their glass panels (we were not local enough) so we went with 10mm Kudos glass panels.