Extension- Last Stuff.

3 minutes ago, daiking said:

Is there a “Previously on Lost...” synopsis so I don’t have to read the entire thread to understand the current sitrep?

If you've lost the plot I'm afraid you'll have to go back to the beginning. Don't worry about missing out though; we'll still all be here. 

7 minutes ago, daiking said:

Is there a “Previously on Lost...” synopsis so I don’t have to read the entire thread to understand the current sitrep?

I hope the network don’t lose interest and cancel the show leaving us with a rushed and deeply unsatisfying conclusion.

I’m afraid the ending was on page 2 . We’re all on the ‘spin off’ episodes now 

• Haha 1

This thread is truly a sadistic addiction..... I come in after a hard days graft on my own build where I feel like I have not produced much for my efforts and catch up on this thread and realise my hard shite day was actually really great and very productive...... 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cpd said:

This thread is truly a sadistic addiction..... I come in after a hard days graft on my own build where I feel like I have not produced much for my efforts and catch up on this thread and realise my hard shite day was actually really great and very productive...... 

Masochist surely? You just can't help punishing yourself? 

17 hours ago, Cpd said:

Yes both sadistic and masochist are the wrong term..... just looked them both up..... but you know what I’m saying.......

..and so, logic dictates.. you are ALL masochists! Haha.

Ggood & bad news on my CH ( yes, is part of extention- last bits). Good: better heat in top room, think ive 'balanced' other rads tweaking them lower. With sun adding 3.5*c, yesterday 23* c in here! actually too hot! Turns out thermometre was 1* reading lower, so using a different one now (so maybe instead of it being excessively humid feeling, it was just excessively hot? 70% rh tho?).

Trying venting, minor rh difference, but room temp gets back up to speed much quicker than i thought once window closed again.. so is feasable to do during day to vent my manhuff.

Bad news: vaillant visit to fix noise issue (circuit boards added, waited months for) which seemed to have resolved it... hasn't.
Noise again, during this cold patch, 2am heating comes on. My anger at this again you wouldn't believe. Eg yesterday: woken, 2.10 am, 2.35, 3.05, 3.45, 4.25, 4.55, 5.20, 5.55... finally heating on 6.15. 10min chunks of noise time on each, then quiet. On.. off.. on.. incessantly, so once woke your stressed waiting for next.. so you cant sleep all night. A week of it. Hence another time out from thread, im so sleep deprived i can barely work, totally infuriated and defeated by it. If this isnt a warning not to buy this ashp.. i dont know what is, its fkn atrocious (but im stuck with it).

So I cant cope with more talk on the condensation.. its too tricky, i cant deal with the stacking up vs me ontop of the CH issues, ontop of tackling Vaillant via hours of calls too + lack of sleep = im too exhausted. Thanks tho.. i do appreciate efforts trying to help, explanations, even the solutions too: ill buy a dehumidifier, but if its noisy.. it goes in the fkn river.

I'll add some final pics of the extention later, Im now calling FINISHED (even tho diddy downlight pots + rest of fluff to do). So huge thanks for all the build help again: despite the teething xyz & me not understanding stuff as usual, it has turned out fantastically well after all.

Thx. zoot.

2 minutes ago, Brickie said:

I’ve not been following this-did the thread start that long ago? ?

I don't dare go back to page 1 to check but given we're on page 79 then, yes, an early-90s start date sounds about right. 

Edited by MJNewton

5 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I don't dare go back to page 1 to check but given we're on page 79 then, yes, an early-90s start date sounds about right. 

Now that I've said this I decided to be brave and go back to page 1 and found that it only actually started in September 2020!

The infamous 'Covid-19/All things Coronavirus' thread, started back in January 2020, is now at 353 pages. A quick comparison reveals that Zoot's extension has created over a quarter of the posts in half the time which is really quite remarkable for one of the most significant and contentious global events in modern history (the pandemic, not the extension...).

Here's hoping the vaccines continue to work against more than just what they were originally designed for.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, zoothorn said:

Turns out thermometre was 1* reading lower, so using a different one now (so maybe instead of it being excessively humid feeling, it was just excessively hot? 70% rh tho?).

Reminds me of that Only Fools and Horses sketch where Delboy hands Rodney (who has 2 O Levels) a different calculator and asks him to try again to see if they get a better answer.

4 hours ago, MJNewton said:

I'm not religious but I must admit I'm tempted to start praying for his return.

And how many pages taken up with replies such as these 3 MJN eh??? and pocasters, TBC's, and others (just to glean attention afaict) purely done to be unkind, rude, sarcastic, childish, or nasty to me rather than helpful.

Maybe half? Like a bunch of schoolchildren. Grow up.

Edited by zoothorn