Extension- Last Stuff.

I’ve decided to not comment any further until page 100 is reached . Then I won’t comment at @zoothorn ; but I will comment at you other poor sad (expletive deleted)ers still trying to help . My hat off to you people 

see you all in I reckon 3 weeks 

Edited by pocster

21 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

If someone could tell me what they find (flow temp, measured at source/ pipe) vs what their setting is/ therefore might be normal to see/ it would be very useful. @joe90 perhaps or @ProDave who as I recall have ashp's?

Mines not running at the mo, will get a probe on it next time I see it running ?

2 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Or it’s because it take 10 pages to agree that the roof  trusses will take your weight.

17 pages to cut the plasterboard hatch!

12 pages to explain skirtings

The list goes on, and then you complain you miss posts....

what’s the temps??

get the installers back, it didn’t cost you anything for the install, so you are quids in

Yes point taken. I just need be totally sure before I do something, Im a newbie & it takes me 10x time to research & then do. I say this often. It implies please be patient (& most are- who Im very grateful to).

I have also repeatedly said: the installers cannot be contacted (have in fact been let go by the Co who employed them- but even this Co is worse- cannot be contacted either). So I have only one avenue- Vaillant. But as they keep threatening £90 call out charges, I must try establish if anything is at fault 1st, thoughrally sure, hence needing alot of advice from those with ashp's. And multiple faults too = alotta advice.

This is not a 'normal install' being via a grant. If it was, the installers would likely (if Id chosen well) have been contactable. At least I have a 5 year warranty by Vaillant accounting for 8x visits foc (but 8x?! & still not fixed?! wtf). But even with this, I am told £90 call out charge IF ylou see they 'find nothing at fault'.

Might explain why Im needing so much help & asking so many Q's. thx zoot.

12 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Mines not running at the mo, will get a probe on it next time I see it running ?

Great thank you joe. Your setting temp, & temp actually found at its pipe I guess.

Of all days.. why aren't you running it today? blanket of snow here wild west wales.

Look @zoothorn it's a simple process of elimination to try and get to the bottom of your issues. So start with trying just trying the rad key. Will take 30 secs to do. A quick quarter turn and then another and another maybe until either air or water comes out. Have a tea towel handy. Then report back which it is. Then we can rule things in or out.

out. So no more moving onto the next job on the door frame or roof hatch. Keep your mind and focus on this issue otherwise you will continue to miss maybe vital information.

As far as having no one to contact you have whatever gov scheme that paid for this job. Get in the phone and explain that you have had an ashp installed by X company and its not providing you with enough heat. Simple and direct. You want someone they recommend to come out and look at the install and see what they can spot. 

So rad key tonight and phone in the morning. Nothing else as everyone is growing a tad impatient with how this is unfolding so big boys pants on and get them two jobs done first.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Surely you've seen Misery and what happened to James Caan? 

Onoff- can you just give one last thought on my door edge..

Due to my long 'oldie' style hinges, Im not fixing to the inside door edge (as most doors would have). I'm fixing them onto the door face instead.

So, doesn't this mean that my 'twattish' (I agree, a schoolboy error) sanding this door edge, is actually no issue after all?

thanks. zH

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Of all days.. why aren't you running it today? blanket of snow here wild west wales.

Because the house is up to temp (21.5’) and DHW tank full of hot water (48’). Oh, and because the wood stove is lit taking the lounge up to 24.7k (phew). Even tho it’s freezing outside (I know because I just put the chickens in.  Bbbrrrrrr.)

smug emoji

image.jpg

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

@Declan52

all good advice. I do understand this is the general advice. But look my installers --cannot-- be contacted. I have tried for -months- (they agreed to fix leak finally thank god, but today I see its the same) just to get this visit agreed only via the 'threats' PeterW suggested. I cannot cope with this far bigger 'ask' of them when I know it'll be stall/ stall/ no contact/ same/ same for 6 months. Its a total dead end. To get this damn leak visit, I had to go one, two links in chain above, demand demand demand, then 'threats', weeks > running into months of calls & emails. Exhausting.

So. My -only- avenue for help is Vaillant. I have no choice, I am lucky they agree visits (even if 8x now with only half-results, & some issues still remain ffs) and also I have a warranty. Thank heavens.

So already sent emails over last few weeks saying I've insufficient heat. But now if I can determine myself via measurements (they find this v. helpful) it can help put weight behind my 'case' (because I'm not getting a heap of help from these last emails/ calls "yes we'll pass on info to engineer".. then nothing).

But to reitterate: the installers are totally, totally n/a to contact.

Re flow temps.  Mine is set to 39 degrees in heating mode.  Lo and behold, after a short warm up period once it has got all the water in the heating circuit up to temperature is delivers water at 39 degrees.  It modulates the speed of the compressor to vary the power it is delivering to maintain that temperature.  Once the rooms get up to temperature each room shuts down, and when there is little left actually heating,the ASHP will shut down it's compressor completely, only occasionally starting up to keep the flow temperature at it's set point.

DHW is a bit more complicated.  I have my water tank setpoint set to 48 degrees.  I also have set the maximum flow temperature to 55 degrees.  If the tank is cool when the SHW comes on, the flow temperature typically runs7 or 8 degrees higher than the tank temperature with the return perhaps 5 degrees lower and they slowly ramp up as the tank heats up.

Like I keep saying, your low temperatures might be because the unit is set up wrong or faulty, or it might be because it is overloaded (too many radiators) and can't keep up.  That much mentioned 1 radiator test will give us a clue.  Once we know the answer to that we can advise what to say to the installers to get them to put it right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

The warranty is worthless as it wasn’t installed properly effectively making it null and void.

But luckily Vaillant do not agree with this, they've been here enough times, Ive asked if it's installed correctly & all (& I mean 4 different chaps) engineers have said it is.

It is only on here that the opinion that it isn't, causing friction bc its seen Im not 'following advice'. So I kind of feel trapped in middle not knowing what to do, ending up just going with instinct (if I cant contact intallers then I cant be blamed going to my my only option afaict- Vaiilant).

@ProDave right that's terrific info, I'm much clearer after this post (I cant understand the dhw info, but it's not needed for now.. & I get 'hot water' ok so Im  happy this isn't in question). Did you actually measure with a thermometre-on-pipe tho?

Id think it unlikely it can't 'cope' with the rad load, as A) Ive turned one sizeable rad off months ago I dont use.. and B) the kitchen & bathroom rads are undersized too. Also the wokshop rad is small'ish, & I only have 2x bigass long rads anyway not 4 of them or something.

So it does suggest another fault. Now with this better 'weight' I can plow this furrow really firmly with Vaillant this week. Maybe tho it just cant get up to 55* flow temp just thinking on it: 55* is a stupid mfr setting it couldn't ever achieve-? (I bet on this tbh, right now typing the idea).

thx.

4 hours ago, Onoff said:

There's enough dumbing down of the English language already. Slang and text speak dilutes who we are, or at least who I want to be. You should take pride in your posting and even correct any spelling mistakes

I have to agree;  it seems to getting more and more acceptable to not know the difference between 'bought' and 'brought'  or to use a comma where an apostrophe should be. Boils my pi$$.

Bye the way, it's 'jamb', not 'jam'.  ?

• Like 2

Okay @zoothorn  Now you have the thermometers to put on the pipes, just get the Vailant man to visit and demonstrate to him that the radiators can barely get to 40 degrees, tell him that is not hot enough to heat the house, and you need it made so that the radiators can get to at least 50 degrees, preferable 55.

Tell him that is the problem you need fixing.

3 minutes ago, Roundtuit said:

I have to agree;  it seems to getting more and more acceptable to not know the difference between 'bought' and 'brought'  or to use a comma where an apostrophe should be. Boils my pi$$.

Bye the way, it's 'jamb', not 'jam'.  ?

If you cant beet them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Okay @zoothorn  Now you have the thermometers to put on the pipes, just get the Vailant man to visit and demonstrate to him that the radiators can barely get to 40 degrees, tell him that is not hot enough to heat the house, and you need it made so that the radiators can get to at least 50 degrees, preferable 55.

Tell him that is the problem you need fixing.

Probably doesn't reach that temperature as something got turned down due to too much noise....