Extension- Last Stuff.

1 hour ago, wozza said:

I think they need to get an engineer out - I can clearly see a leak on the bottom left 

Yes theres a leak from its DHW flow pipe no.4.

No-one gonna number the teets for me? come on not alot to ask. Anticlockwise (ie the -udder- way round).. 2,3,4,5.

@Onoff i get you idea of centeline, mid ledges etc spot on, & all 3 marked on door.. but my plan was after this, to fit hinges to frame 1st.

I think your reply with 3 useful pics, is to fit ( as is usual, understand this) hinges to door 1 st ?

Now bc of this damn bow in of frame, i think fitting hinges frame 1 st is advantageous, and your way/ usual way is at a disadvantage. But i cant remember why. Bllx. Something to do with correct gaps and door opening right im sure was thinking.

Can you make any sense out of what i cant actually remember?!

3 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

@Onoff i get you idea of centeline, mid ledges etc spot on, & all 3 marked on door.. but my plan was after this, to fit hinges to frame 1st.

I think your reply with 3 useful pics, is to fit ( as is usual, understand this) hinges to door 1 st ?

Now bc of this damn bow in of frame, i think fitting hinges frame 1 st is advantageous, and your way/ usual way is at a disadvantage. But i cant remember why. Bllx. Something to do with correct gaps and door opening right im sure was thinking.

Can you make any sense out of what i cant actually remember?!

Your door is your straight edge hopefully. Certainly a darn sight straighter then your bowed jam.

Your 3 hinges MUST all be in line! 

This gives you a constant to start with at least. If you're unable to straighten the jam you have to live with it. Pack as required.

IMG_20210123_172903827.thumb.jpg.3a07e52640f999cc601e3f5c57b072b5.jpg

The only way you might get all 3 recessed into the jam is by first packing the hinges out a bit. Otherwise the edge of the door at the middle hinge (in my sketch above) will hit the jam. Hope that makes sense! Packing the hinges out a tad before screwing to the door gives you some wriggle room. The recesses would of course all be slightly different depths.

IMG_20210123_141445097.thumb.jpg.b25e2ef189cc7a6ae420033f1ed9a853.jpg

It'd help if you knew how far out the top and bottom positions were. Out of interest did you ever buy a laser level (suggested I think during the kitchen build)? Dead easy to see how bowed your jam is then. You just line it up on the jam edge and measure to the laser line. Surprising too sometimes when you've always relied on a long level up until then. 

The lack of a sketch, with suitable info/ brief list of make ,model of equipment installed with sizes of radiators, room sizes, temperatures at various locations window sizes and a reluctance for any internet searches to provide info for personal learning in various subjects despite repeated posters asking for this to help him out,

then referring things as udders, looong radiators- and other unhelpful descriptions shows a willingness not to want to help himself.

I think this thread should be closed.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 16:54, Gav_P said:

I’m gonna keep reposting this daily now, so it keeps on top of the pile of rants and arguments.

We all need this to move forward! The entirety of buildhub needs this resolved so we call move on with our lives! 

On 22/01/2021 at 15:11, Gav_P said:

(expletive deleted)ing hell... this is the funniest threads I have read in a long time. 

@zoothorn there is a list of info needed to take this forward (assuming it isn’t just bleed the rads that magically fixes everything) :

1) list of rooms, with dimensions (H x L x W) 

2) flow and return temps for the ASHP (whilst thermostat is calling for heat - but after it’s been running a while so it gets up to temp - at least an hour)

3) dimensions of radiators in each room (stating which room they are in)

4) flow and return temps for all radiators whilst the thermostat is constantly calling for heat (and ASHP has been running for a while).

Please please please list these all out clearly in one place / post. Then the people who know can do the necessary calcs and advise what to do to fix it. 

As a side point, a few pages back you said that the flow and return temps kept fluctuating quite a bit. I wonder if the ASHP was going into defrost mode? It was on a wet and cold day. 

23 minutes ago, TonyT said:

The lack of a sketch, with suitable info/ brief list of make ,model of equipment installed with sizes of radiators, room sizes, temperatures at various locations window sizes and a reluctance for any internet searches to provide info for personal learning in various subjects despite repeated posters asking for this to help him out,

then referring things as udders, looong radiators- and other unhelpful descriptions shows a willingness not to want to help himself.

Exactly what I said !

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Your on a loser with the powers that be. Buildhub is a diverse community and he ticks a box! ?

This is tame compared to some of his other threads. Stick with it. I found it a lot easier to learn a foreign language afterwards! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TonyT said:

Mods, please, No!  Don't close it, embrace it!

This thread embodies all of the traits required for self-building; perseverance, a sense of humour, physical and mental robustness,  the consumption of alcohol, self-learning, resilience, the consumption of alcohol, tolerance, the consumption of alcohol...

@zoothornwe may may take the pi$$ a bit, but please be assured that everyone wants the best outcome for you. (Except maybe @pocster he's a badass)

• Haha 2

If nothing else it shows we should all strive to be better people, embrace different and and above all not mock the afflicted.

MR. BIG NOSE: I wasn't going to pick my nose. I was going to thump him!

MAN #2: You hear that? Blessed are the cabinet makers.

11 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

Mods, please, No!  Don't close it, embrace it!

This thread embodies all of the traits required for self-building; perseverance, a sense of humour, physical and mental robustness,  the consumption of alcohol, self-learning, resilience, the consumption of alcohol, tolerance, the consumption of alcohol...

@zoothornwe may may take the pi$$ a bit, but please be assured that everyone wants the best outcome for you. (Except maybe @pocster he's a badass)

Exactly. @TonyT As I'm a newbie Ive said many times, it takes me 10x the time to understand, 10x the time to build X.  And I warn of this so poeple aware it'll take me alot longer.

As to the CH (only part of thread titled "Extention last stuff" like my door.. but you want to close down) I haven't refused to say what it is, refused help but he very opposite. Ive said it is (an extremely problematic hence many pages) a Vaillant split 7.5kW (or Peter wouldn't have helpfully put up an exact diagram would he). And Ive been grateful for the help, said so alot, even in disagreement I'm still grateful for the input [we agree not FFPurpose, but polar opposites as to who is responsible: hence healthy argument: & argument normal to have bit of frustration].

Humour might not tickle everyone, its the most subjective thing, but always worth trying to add IMO. If my unit's the size of an udder with 4 pipes coming out below, then I'll call it an udder (& joe can amuse us by adding a pic bc Onoff didnt know what an udder was). And if Im trying to describe my big rad the easiest way, its a loooong rad. So what. Just let it be.

zh

1 hour ago, zoothorn said:

And if Im trying to describe my big rad the easiest way, its a loooong rad. So what. Just let it be.

Your diction, grammar and weird shorthand makes your posts difficult to read and annoys the f*** out of me! ? You really should get with the proper technical terms once you know them or you'll come across as a Muppet forever. I'm not the Spelling Police but it brings the site down imo. 

I read "looong rad" and think "C***, not again!".

Go and measure your rads and take a stab at the BTU. Or take a photo of each (showing single, double, fins etc) and post with the size and we'll do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Your diction, grammar and weird shorthand makes your posts difficult to read and annoys the f*** out of me! ? You really should get with the proper technical terms once you know them or you'll come across as a Muppet forever. I'm not the Spelling Police but it brings the site down imo. 

Go and measure your rads and take a stab at the BTU. Or take a photo of each (showing single, double, fins etc) and post with the size and we'll do it. 

I dun c the pobs wiv tee posts .

i fink its u @Onoff 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Gav_P said:

@zoothorn there is a list of info needed to take this forward (assuming it isn’t just bleed the rads that magically fixes everything) :

1) list of rooms, with dimensions (H x L x W) 

2) flow and return temps for the ASHP (whilst thermostat is calling for heat - but after it’s been running a while so it gets up to temp - at least an hour)

3) dimensions of radiators in each room (stating which room they are in)

4) flow and return temps for all radiators whilst the thermostat is constantly calling for heat (and ASHP has been running for a while).

Please please please list these all out clearly in one place / post. Then the people who know can do the necessary calcs and advise what to do to fix it. 

Any chance this is going to happen? 

Edited by Gav_P
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Yes, same here, I cant understand alot of the replies for exactly the same reasons! (tbh its this that's equally the reason I get confused as anything that's said I can read clearly!)

But I take it on board as the norm for communicating (comms- is that such a 'weird shorthand' ?) in boxes of text one to another. No-one's diction, grammar, shorthand is the same as the next person's. So innevitably -I- get annoyed at -your- diction & grammar equally as you do mine.

But I just don't feel the need to vent it out & call people vile names though.

zH

19 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Any chance this is going to happen? 

Yes of course. But look I'm stuck right now. Peter's told me 1st up get flow temp at 'the box thing' under/ pipes. Makes alot of sense to do this 1st. I get readings 20* from what I was expecting/ from what is dialed in. I'm confused. I repeat the readings, get 3x different readings. I'm even more confused.

Until I can get replies about this 35* flow temp (afaict it is) & establish A) f this needs to be got to @ 55*C in order to then continue on & test the rads.... I'm kinda stuck not knowing my ass from elbow, certainly unable to see point just yet to continue on with individual rad temps.

But everyone just assumes, bc I'm not giving the rad temps that I can't be arsed, or I refuse to do it. I'm waiting & in the meantime, I'm trying this tricky door fit (for me tricky, 10x the time it takes you etc).

• Like 1