Extension- Last Stuff.

8 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

No, but like ancient proverb say 'unless evidence of trapped air don't fk with radiator'.

No rad key tbh anyway.

Reminds me of an old Kentish proverb "Man who no spend 69p at Screwfix, right c**t!"

• Like 1

You should really tbh go round once a year at least and bleed your rads as a matter of course. 

The new rads might have come with keys, often little plastic ones. Any left over bits anywhere?

Edited by Onoff

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:

So the rads haven't been bled?

You could humour me for the seconds it would involve to take a radiator key to them and see if any air comes out.

I said this many many pages ago !

Just open the rad valve and see if water or air comes out 

17 minutes ago, pocster said:

I said this many many pages ago !

Just open the rad valve and see if water or air comes out 

You did indeed, page 22 of 53, November 29th 2020! ?

Tbh I must have subconsciously missed that, any sentence you write containing the word "bleeding" brings back painful memories...

• Like 1

Seriously.. bleeding the rads isonly just now being advised?? Ive never had CH with rads before.. but you guys have for decades? All ive ever known isif top of rad is cold it suggests air in, & i bled one of my folks one once 20 yrs ago.

Oh I just love the way this is meant to show up my ineptitude!

Nothing suggestsair trapped afaict (?) or would've been advised 1st up '53 pages ago" (tho its a thread on extention final xyz, alot for me hence length.. not a thread on a problematic CH not fixed after 8x visits, badly installed by apes Im unable to contact).. i mean wouldn't it?

3 hours ago, zoothorn said:

Seriously.. bleeding the rads isonly just now being advised?? Ive never had CH with rads before.. but you guys have for decades? All ive ever known isif top of rad is cold it suggests air in, & i bled one of my folks one once 20 yrs ago.

Oh I just love the way this is meant to show up my ineptitude!

Nothing suggestsair trapped afaict (?) or would've been advised 1st up '53 pages ago" (tho its a thread on extention final xyz, alot for me hence length.. not a thread on a problematic CH not fixed after 8x visits, badly installed by apes Im unable to contact).. i mean wouldn't it?

I'm already regretting popping that radiator key in the post to you this morning. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, zoothorn said:

Personally, if the tops of the radiators are as hot as the flow pipe I wouldn't expect there to be an air/bleeding issue. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Personally, if the tops of the radiators are as hot as the flow pipe I wouldn't expect there to be an air/bleeding issue. 

Are they, do we have that confirmed? Strap a sensor on the flow pipe and top of rad then post a pic for all to see would be good.

Maybe not a bleed issue but for the SECONDS it takes to do, in light of the grief he's had/having, why wouldn't you try bleeding.

It's central heating 101 tbh!

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MJNewton said:

Oh absolutely. I am just fearing 10 pages of getting everyone's hopes up. 

I just felt this might create a lull to give everyone a rest, gather their thoughts, seek therapy etc.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, zoothorn said:

Seriously.. bleeding the rads isonly just now being advised??

Didn't spot this line Zoot. Please show a little respect here. People are just offering suggestions - anything that might help you out - so don't complain about the order of advice given. There's no harm checking the basics have been done as with over 50(!) pages it's easy to lose track of what's been said.

If you're not happy with our service ask for your money back. 

Edited by MJNewton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, zoothorn said:

badly installed by apes Im unable to contact

Hmm... so despite us telling you it’s not installed correctly, and you defending the system and installers, you now admit it’s not installed correctly. The fact they didn’t insulate the pipes (a requirement of the Building Regulations it was installed under) says that it’s not correctly installed.  

@MJNewton you deserve a knighthood for your patience here ..!!

@zoothorn , now assuming you no longer think I’m an idiot for my advice (although I think by rejoining I may be one) there are 4 copper pipes at the bottom of the internal unit. 

AE3DEB69-BBD8-48AB-9668-2E080C16AA1B.thumb.jpeg.ecb6081b8665345d250fc5001865ba46.jpeg

When the heating is running, the right pair will get warm, when hot water is running, the left pair will get warm. 

Connect a pair of thermostats to the right pair, click the heating on and wait 10 minutes and then read the values off. 

If the one you have doesn’t look like the bottom of this, then take a photo of it, and post it here. Just a picture of the pipes coming out, no essay, just a picture....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

MJNewton you deserve a knighthood for your patience here ..!!

Truth be told I have actually 'left' a couple of times now but keep coming back. I can't help but feel we've all spent so much time and effort on this - and it really has been very hard work at times - that it'd be good to see it through to completion. Closure perhaps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Oh absolutely. I am just fearing 10 pages of getting everyone's hopes up. 

Of course if bleeding the rads is the issue ( or a contributing factor ) he might then need to top it up via the refill loop ... dare we open Pandora’s box 2 ?

Can’t we have more unrelated door stuff - that seemed to be moving in the right direction 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Truth be told I have actually 'left' a couple of times now but keep coming back. I can't help but feel we've all spent so much time and effort on this - and it really has been very hard work at times - that it'd be good to see it through to completion. Closure perhaps. 

Masochist.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

Of course if bleeding the rads is the issue ( or a contributing factor ) he might then need to top it up via the refill loop ... dare we open Pandora’s box 2 ?

Ah, yes. It's okay though I think - @Onoff volunteered to sort that out. ?

• Haha 1