Cost of an Extension

Hi all, 

I am after some advice on the cost of a two storey extension, measuring approximately 25m2 floor area with blockwork cavity walls, standard windows and slate roof. 

I am looking at purchasing a property in West Wales which would benefit from an extension.

Thanks in advance. 

You probably need to budget around £25K @£1000 per square meter but could go up or down. UP if you have difficult ground, employ an architect, Structural Engineer and include additional kitchen / bathroom areas. DOWN if you have easy ground, can design it yourself, can do a lot of the work yourself (WAY DOWN) and its just an open space with only electric points and simple lighting. Your actual location will also be a factor.

• 2 years later...
On 06/01/2017 at 18:26, CRees said:

Hi all, 

I am after some advice on the cost of a two storey extension, measuring approximately 25m2 floor area with blockwork cavity walls, standard windows and slate roof. 

I am looking at purchasing a property in West Wales which would benefit from an extension.

Thanks in advance. 

@CRees Hi how did your extension go/ did you buy the property? Id be very interested to know, as Im in same boat/ west wales in need of similar sized extension I'm waiting on a quote for.