Ply floor protection during building

Hastings

I am a first-time DIY renovator building a new timber frame house inside a completely stripped out old stone house.

How can I keep new OSB or chipboard floorboards clean for when it comes to gluing down vinyl tiles or other final finishes, during 1st and 2nd fixes, plastering etc?

I don't want to put polythene down for risk of ladders and people slipping on it.

Upper floor (18mm OSB) is fitted already - it made building the upper storey timber frame easier and safer. But ground floor is still just the foundation slab concrete. How long can I practically delay installing the final ground floor layers (OSB or chipboard on top of 100mm PIR insulation) in order for it to stay clean?

I am guessing there will always something that will cause dirt build up, so maybe I have to accept it will need cleaning and so not bother about until then.

I have seen some chipboards that come with a film covering that you peel off just before laying final finishes.

Thanks in advance.

Duct tape down Correx, Proplex, Antinox etc type sheeting to keep the OSB clean.

Don't walk around too long on pir or it'll start to break up and the foil start tearing and coming off. You'll end up repairing with spray foam and Bacofoil. Ask me how I know! ?

I used some bits of OSB here and there to prevent further damage.

Edited by Onoff
Correx not cortex