Outdoor dog shower

Gav_P

17 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I would be using a cheap TMV to blend the water down inside to 30-32c and then have a pair of isolators / taps so you can isolate in cold weather inside to protect from frost but use it externally with a single tap. 

ha, great minds think alike , I was just about to say exactly the same but make sure pipework goes straight outside or go downwards so no water is held in the outside tap to freeze.

• 2 months later...

After a great deal of procrastination I was about to get stuck into doing the outdoor shower... then I  thought up an excuse to delay it a bit longer... The previous location I was thinking of would have been good for getting hot water, but not the best position for a shower area.

I have water (cold only) and power further out in the garden.... So I was thinking, could I have an electric shower outdoors? Wouldn’t need to be a big kw one as it will just be for the dog wash, and occasional use in the summer. 

Any comments? 

Edited by Gav_P

23 hours ago, Onoff said:

If you've local hot and cold water why not just have a tmv inside and a standard, garden bib tap on the outside?

Because I am thinking about putting it in a different (better) location which isn’t anywhere near the house (hot water). 

53 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

If you are procrastinating then it is likely there is not much difference.

So toss a coin.

Shakespeare, Julius Caesar: "The problem is in ourselves."

Does Julius have any advice as to whether one could use an electric shower outdoors? 

Maybe my previous explanation wasn’t very clear. 

I am planning on installing an outdoor shower, primarily as a dog wash, but could also be used in the warmer summer months (like after swimming in pond/pool). 

I had originally planned on a location to place it based on hot and cold water nearby (next to the house). However the location isn’t ideal, so probably the reason I hadn’t cracked on and done the job. 

I then thought that if I could have an alternative means to heating the water then I could locate it where I have other cold water feeds (near the bottom of the garden). Hence wondering if it’s possible to use an electric shower outdoors. 

2 hours ago, Gav_P said:

Does Julius have any advice as to whether one could use an electric shower outdoors? 

Apparently he had a pond, a hypocaust, and a garden divided into three parts. So no electric required at all.

His dog was called Dai and when he had thrown it into the pond for a good scrub he used to declaim “Alea iacta est.”

Best I can do after dinner and beer .. sorry. Unless you want a thirty minute Pink Panther cartoon about arguments over a shower.

(What was this thread about? I am sure it was probably something else.)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gav_P said:

Maybe my previous explanation wasn’t very clear. 

I am planning on installing an outdoor shower, primarily as a dog wash, but could also be used in the warmer summer months (like after swimming in pond/pool). 

I had originally planned on a location to place it based on hot and cold water nearby (next to the house). However the location isn’t ideal, so probably the reason I hadn’t cracked on and done the job. 

I then thought that if I could have an alternative means to heating the water then I could locate it where I have other cold water feeds (near the bottom of the garden). Hence wondering if it’s possible to use an electric shower outdoors. 

There are certainly outdoor showers available .. perhaps try looking at swimming pool kit suppliers and outlets?

• Thanks 1