Celotex

Taff

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Anyone use celotex 25mm insulated plasterboard! Would like to know if it’s any good 

25+12. 
We use lots of celotex insulated pb 

Mostly 40 + 12 and 50 +12

The 25 + 12 is normally used for dabbing 

All good stuff 

Noticed our skip company will take plasterboard in the skip but now say no foil backed boards or insulation backed board off cuts in skips. 

@Taff if you are doing this yourself why not line the room with vertical battens and infill with 25mm insulation and then tape it, allows you to easily first fix everything too. Then it’s a simple job to fit standard boards onto the battens and also allows you to do detailed air tightness at the junctions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

It is really landfill hungry.  I don't think there would be any way to recycle or reuse the materials or even dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way.

I do not know what celotex could be used for ... short of grinding it up and using it to fill walls like cellulose.

My mum used to use EPS in plant pots instead or crocks, and to save some on the depth of compost and weight - 'cos she was a tiddler by the time she was 70.

Thanks for the response ms guys, I’m not fitting it. I requested that we use 25mm then turned up on site and a shed load of that stuff was there. It’s going on to the sips panels for an extra reduction in up’s. Just wanted to know if it was up to the job really. Suppose every little helps