SIP build- how to finish externally behind larch cladding?

18 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

@mattp22

I am using a company in Fife for my SIPS kit (just about to place order in next 2 weeks. I'm using SIPS eco, worth dropping me a message of who you are using and I can give you the low down on all SIPS suppliers in that area, one in particular should be avoided in my opinion.  

@SuperJohnG would be interested to hear your experience, particularly who to avoid, could you dm me?

1 hour ago, mattp22 said:

I've got Kore at about 60% of Isoquick cost but excluding installation. I will be remote managing so thought supply & fit might be less of a headache.

I'm.surw supply and fit from Isoquick means..the guy helps you put it together on site quickly as it comes off lorry. But thats all...you still need to do mesh, DPM , ufh etc whichnis the bigger bits. Isoquick is a nice system but IMO not worth the extra cost there.

1 hour ago, mattp22 said:

just my view  but

looking at your picture of the outside cladding I can see why they are not happy 

you have gaps between the cladding which will allow water and sunlight to enter --this I think will degrade any normal hose wrap as it is made from things that are not totally UV stable for long periods  

I could be wrong --but I would ask the maker of the house wrap you intend to use if it would ok  LONGTERM  with some UV penetration all the time ,same goes for the batons ,they will get wet when it rains 

to my mind you would need an extra water proof  and Uv stable  layer on top of the batons directly under the cladding  at least 

or use man made batons --not wood -assuming the house wrap can take some long term UV .

bit expensive but you could use grp -same as you would for a roof instead of the house wrap  and galv or plastic batons maybe?

sips are a good system ,but water and OSB do not get on long term .maybe use sips with exterior face made from MGO-and seal all joints when building 

OR clad batons with MGO -then paint it ,then fit your larch strips ?

don,t forget to vent it so there is an airflow between it and you house wrap 

Edited by scottishjohn