Basement Dig - Sand disposal for free

Hi,

Do you know how I could dispose of sand for free, which would be fresh out of a basement dig? I live near a beach, and 1-2 foot down its pure clean sand.

I am planning a 1000-1200 tonne (600 cubic meter) excavation, which means I will have about 70 x 16 tonne loads to remove. Rather than pay the £15-17k at about £200 a load in removal, I wondered where might I dispose of this sand for free, for example if anyone would be interested in collecting it.

Thanks

Chris

That’s quite a big hole to dig in sand ... how high is the water table ...?? And are you shoring up the sides some how ..?? 

Dependinf on how clean you can keep it you may be able to sell it for landfill cover - try the big landfill operators in your area. Transport will be the biggest cost whatever you do. 

You live near a beach...no chance (with permission) of putting it there? Mitigating coastal erosion etc. No doubt though if you approached whoever, they would want to sent a whole raft of departments & experts out, each with their own exorbitant consultancy fees. 

Seriously, is coastal erosion an issue locally? Get the press on your side if the council or whoever refused it. Cite youur being good enough to dig it out, the least the council could do was contribute to transport costs! ?

4 hours ago, Onoff said:

You live near a beach...no chance (with permission) of putting it there? Mitigating coastal erosion etc. No doubt though if you approached whoever, they would want to sent a whole raft of departments & experts out, each with their own exorbitant consultancy fees. 

Seriously, is coastal erosion an issue locally? Get the press on your side if the council or whoever refused it. Cite youur being good enough to dig it out, the least the council could do was contribute to transport costs! ?

I wouldnt even both trying to offload it on the beach, the council will just see it as a large money making exercise. Dealing with them for planning is bad enough :)

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Thought you said the public bogs were open again down there?

Don't joke about that.

Had a very drunk woman that sat in the corner and wee wee'd herself, and a small boy that pissed up the drinks cooler.

And, why I think about it, a guy that let go of just about everything at the counter, though he did have an illness.

Was still down to me to clean it all up.

Still, I am not the local butcher, carnival night a year back, saw two lads weeing though his letter box.  Think it may be a comment on his customer service skills though.

Edited by SteamyTea

• 2 weeks later...