Dewalt d24000

Pocster

8 minutes ago, Reiver said:

They look like the clamping bits for the blade. And yes, on such things the pump does often just lurk in the bottom of the coolant sump - I presume it has a filter on it?

I checked various videos . There’s a clamp already on the blade so assume they are for a smaller blade .

The pump confuses me - see photos ...

The only holes appear to be those 2 tiny ones on the underside 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, markc said:

the pumps need to be removed and cleared regularly so they do just sit around loose in the bottom

Just seems the holes are dead tiny . Any grit tile debris you can see blocking that easily !

Just now, pocster said:

Just seems the holes are dead tiny . Any grit tile debris you can see blocking that easily !

The water must enter through the grill ... also makes sense for the impeller.

I did find it odd looking that the cable came out from the same side preventing it sitting on the pipe and grill.

I would sit it on its end and keep the grill under water level.

Failing that, fold the cable over and tape down to allow the pump to sit impeller?pipe downwards.

probably need a weight too ... i have a different machine with suckers on the pump but it still floats around like a deranged fish

• Like 1

I have used one of these and it was very impressive.  The sliding tray was dead accurate.

I had some big tiles to cut and used a Rubi cutter where the machine slides over the tile.  The blade had a tenancy to wander off.

I am not a pro, but the DeWalt is superb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah these are just some old b & q cheapy tiles . Find out with ‘real’ tiles later 

Being a pauper I did of course use cheap ceramic tiles. Never having used a wet cutter before I was bricking it. Once I got the hang it was a breeze.

One thing did notice that the cut can be better one side than the other and that you can influence which side according to how you apply pressure on the handle. It's to do with once cut, the blade coming round and catching the cut edge.

Probably not doable on your one, to pressure it either way, guessing there is zero play in the slide?

20180717_180850

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Being a pauper I did of course use cheap ceramic tiles. Never having used a wet cutter before I was bricking it. Once I got the hang it was a breeze.

One thing did notice that the cut can be better one side than the other and that you can influence which side according to how you apply pressure on the handle. It's to do with once cut, the blade coming round and catching the cut edge.

Probably not doable on your one, to pressure it either way, guessing there is zero play in the slide?

20180717_180850

There is zero play . Nothing moves or has a slight ‘wobble’ . It’s certainly built well .

I have no excuses for poor tiling now except my lack of ability . So pretty much usual !

22 hours ago, pocster said:

I checked various videos . There’s a clamp already on the blade so assume they are for a smaller blade .

The pump confuses me - see photos ...

The only holes appear to be those 2 tiny ones on the underside 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, but the idea will be that the water enters the pump at the top (sump needs to be fairly full) to avoid picking up crap from the bottom.

Ok , so done a few more cuts .

The pump is funny - sometimes it wants to work standing up ; other times lying down . Strange there’s no proper ‘holder’ for it in the tray . So I always before a cut have to make sure I can see water at the blade .

Things I do like . Almost zero mess . Zero wobble in the tray as you slide a tile in . I had to trim 2mm off a tile - it did it without breaking the off cut . Don’t think that would be possible on a ‘normal’ wet cutter .

Nice big on/off button facing you - not hidden on the side .

Sits nicely on the stand (d240001) - no back ache cutting .

Good visibility as you cut - just look slightly off centre and can see blade cutting tile .

Obviously I’m probably using about 10% of its ability . But it makes cutting less of a pita . Though it is a big beast - so only for big jobs ( like tiling an entire house ) . Tool for real men ??????

57 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

With the water pump you need to lie it sideways with the power cord upwards , similar to how you are holding it in the last picture.

Yeah , sometimes it seems to like that . It’s like a woman . You can’t be quite sure what to do but you can bet it will be wrong .

• Haha 2