Mortgage with an AG tie

Amateur bob

my recent planning application has been refused and i will now need to reapply with Agricultural justification to try and get planning, will this affect my ability to get a mortgage? im led to believe there was a rule change in Scotland the last few years to make it easier to get mortgages for such houses i.e you can now sell the house with the condition you cant get planning again anywhere else on your farm, can anyone else shed some light on this? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had an AG tie removed prior to purchasing my rural plot which had planning but with historical AG tie. Was straightforward to remove.

They won't grant with an AG tie these days except in extreme cases that justify it. AG ties were misused for years and hence were not meant to be used for the purpose they were whicj was detrimental to people who want to access mainstream mortgages like yourself or sell. 

If they won't grant planning as normal you may be in for the long haul doing it with an agricultural focus unless you actually have a good justification? 

I can send you the chief planners letter from 2013, with regards to ag ties if thats helpful?

What LA are you? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2020 at 22:44, SuperJohnG said:

I had an AG tie removed prior to purchasing my rural plot which had planning but with historical AG tie. Was straightforward to remove.

They won't grant with an AG tie these days except in extreme cases that justify it. AG ties were misused for years and hence were not meant to be used for the purpose they were whicj was detrimental to people who want to access mainstream mortgages like yourself or sell. 

If they won't grant planning as normal you may be in for the long haul doing it with an agricultural focus unless you actually have a good justification? 

I can send you the chief planners letter from 2013, with regards to ag ties if thats helpful?

What LA are you? 

sorry for late reply, im in Perthshire. i had heard theyd changed the rules on AG ties a  year or 2 ago to make it easier to get a mortgage but wasnt sure exactly how it works now, we should have a decent case for a house if we use supporting info as theres a farm with no house on it and 70 suckler cows on site to look after and calf i just dont want them automatically saying its a workers dwelling and therefore tied to farm! thanks