Plastering Rates

Triassic

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Bonner said:

Correction - the price didn’t include materials, labour only! 
Still not sure if this is reasonable, struggling to get another quote …

I paid £5/m2 for boarding and £4.50 for Skim I believe. Did you try Kris?

Edited by LA3222

1 hour ago, Bonner said:

Yes, that’s his price. Gone up since yours then 🤔

Wow. That's a fair old mark up given the size of your house and the quantities involved.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm hoping for a good old fashioned recession to brings prices down. I still have the garage and garden room to do. Well too expensive at the minute!

That’s not a bad price for domestic, site rates are cheaper. 

Remember he will probably measure through the windows so could be more than you have estimated. 

I paid a cheaper rate and had to get rid of him after two rooms and find a better bloke, if it’s your self build you will want a better finish than site work. 

Edited by Russell griffiths

2 hours ago, LA3222 said:

Wow. That's a fair old mark up given the size of your house and the quantities involved.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm hoping for a good old fashioned recession to brings prices down. I still have the garage and garden room to do. Well too expensive at the minute!

Yep, no sign of a slow down so they can quote ‘take or leave it’ prices. I will have to take it if we are going to get moved in this year.

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

That’s not a bad price for domestic, site rates are cheaper. 

Remember he will probably measure through the windows so could be more than you have estimated. 

I paid a cheaper rate and had to get rid of him after two rooms and find a better bloke, if it’s your self build you will want a better finish than site work. 

Cheers, good to know it’s not a silly rate. I am prepared to pay a bit more for a decent job.

I'm currently paying £14 per sqm for boarding and skimming. They have excluded window and door openings from the calculations. It includes installation of acoustic insulation in stud walls (not everywhere, just bathrooms and bedrooms).

The skim finish looks excellent and there are slopes where the bedroom walls go into the ceilings (dormer windows) which I assume is more difficult. 

They also tidy up as they go, scraping plaster snots off the floor and bagging board offcuts.

So I'm happy to pay a decent rate for premium work. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Canski said:

I've just been quoted £21.50 m2 supply and fix for all walls and 12.5 mm ceilings(measured through the openings) . Not sure how that fares but I wish I got paid for brickwork through the openings.

I paid £9.50 in 2021 - supply and demand inevitably sees prices go up, not sure about £21.50 though🧐🤨

9 hours ago, Canski said:

for supply and fix ?

Sorry, that was just the fix side. It's still quite a stretch to get up to £21.50. Have you priced up hiw much the materials would cost if sourcing yourself? 

I had never seen a poor plastering job until my house was done! Previously I had only good experiences so expected the same again sadly v disappointed as only really evident after painting and especially bad with the perimeter LED strips shining down the wall. At this stage I don't want them back and it's too late to go backwards to easyfill is my new best friend! Next time I'd go over a plastered wall with a long straight edge to check it over at the earliest opportunity.