MVHR filters for Villavent?

Hi,

Following on from this thread -

It reminded me that the filters in our systems haven't been changed in ages and are bound to need changing now.

Trouble is they are expensive - we have 2 Villavent VR400DCV systems and the only way I know how to get filters is direct from Villavent - at £80+vat each IIRC - i.e. nearly £200 each time for a pair - and this will be the 5th set of filters in the last 4 years!

Anyone know of a cheaper way to get filters for this specific unit? Jeremy - how did you work out what to order from that website? I don't see mention of specific models - did you have to provide them with a spec for the type and dimensions etc - or did they already know how to make compatible filters for your unit?

There has to be a cheaper way to keep these systems running? If not then the difference in cost of ongoing maintenance should be a major factor in people's decisions of which model to choose.

- reddal

Just ring them, they will take the dimensions from you over the phone, and the spec of the filter material (G4 or whatever, should be written somewhere in the manual or on the filter) and make custom filters for much less than the price of the OEM ones.

In our case I measured the Genvex filters, (they are different sizes and filtration specs for inlet and outlet) and asked what the price would be.  It was cheaper to buy a few, so I ordered 5 sets of each (10 filters in all) for less than the price of a single set of genuine Genvex ones, including postage.  They were made to order so took a couple of weeks to arrive, but look identical to the Genvex units, even down to having exactly the same pattern and colour.