Window size - slightly different to planning Drawing

dangti6

I have found a ‘new old stock’ window which is pretty much ideal, at a fraction of the anticipated cost from elsewhere.

Width wise it is bang on dimension, but 200mm taller than the window I identified on my drawings. 

Would this constitute a non-material amendment, or are windows something that are accepted as drawn for reference, providing they are in a similar position and scale? 

In another breath as I come to think of it, I left a gap above the window on the drawings to suggest there would be space above for brick/render but would probably want to position it up to the roofline/fascia.

Officially this probably needs a non-material ammendment, however unless it's going to be very obvious (because it doesn't line up with something like another window nearby) then id just fit it.

The planners are unlikely to notice. If a neighbour complains to the planners they might feel obliged to ask you for a retrospective ammendment just so they can say they went by the book. They know that once your house is built you can usually change the size of a window without needing planning permission.

I assume the dimensions of the windows weren't a big issue when you made your planning application.

Edited by Temp