Leaky wall

Pocster

This walls always been a pain .

It’s been supposedly fixed before ( cracks in External render filled )

This is the downstairs lounge wall . Bathroom directly above . Bathroom internal wall seems fine . No obvious leak in bathroom. No water marks on ceiling in lounge . Assume not a roof issue as half way down .  Nothing obvious outside , even checked in the rain .

903CC50C-A70C-40C8-8EEF-9B660AF51EA1.jpeg

120B387D-500A-4EEB-BC9F-95B1610196CC.jpeg

05558BFD-C2CE-4498-AD86-D0B65FF7728B.jpeg

Edited by pocster

8 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

What is the wall construction?  If is is cavity, there should be a cavity tray / DPC above the window lintel sloping to the outside leaf with weep holes either end to let water drain out.

Presume it’s cavity 

There’s a lip above the window external directing water away . I’ll grab a photo later 

If you were to lift a tile or two you may find the underlying roofing felt that should direct into the gutter has perished/split/sunk. Eaves protectors might help.

Screenshot_20200817-171457.png

Even a blocked downpipe/gutter can contribute to something like this. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Well spotted.  Get your ladder and up you go.  You may find one of those ladder stand off brackets will make it easier if you need to unclip a section.

I don’t do heights . So up builder goes .... ????

41 minutes ago, pocster said:

I don’t do heights . So up builder goes .... ????

Standing on the edge of a big hole playing with a scaffold winch is still working at height.....possibly even more dangerous as you don't have to erect anything or climb for it to be a hazard. 

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Standing on the edge of a big hole playing with a scaffold winch is still working at height.....possibly even more dangerous as you don't have to erect anything or climb for it to be a hazard. 

G i r l