How to make a fitted window water tight

GrantMcscott

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Iso bloco is a compriband, just a different type. It’s equivalent to Illbruck TP651 https://www.illbruck.com/en_GB/product/tp651-trio/

Cheers!

yes,  I was imprecise in my explanation, I think the point was more about where it's applied rather than what specific product is used. I'll get a photo and that'll paint a thousand words :) 

On 21/08/2020 at 09:32, craig said:

Just by the pictures, you may not have the relevant gaps for a compriband. I would apply ME501 VV. I only recommend Illbruck, as it's what we use all the time and it does the job, I don't get anything from it.

https://www.illbruck.com/en_GB/product/me501-vv-duo-window-membrane-hd/

Hi Craig

I am struggling to hold of the ME 501 VV Duo tape where did you buy it from as can only find 501 that I have to use adhesive with

Thanks

I buy direct from Illbruck as we have an account with them, Illbruck don't sell direct to the consumer I'm afraid. If you speak to Dortech they can order it for you, failing that, let me know and I can order a roll for you. Only difference is, we don't do free delivery as it's delivered direct from Illbruck as we normally order for each specific job and in quantity.

3 hours ago, craig said:

I buy direct from Illbruck as we have an account with them, Illbruck don't sell direct to the consumer I'm afraid. If you speak to Dortech they can order it for you, failing that, let me know and I can order a roll for you. Only difference is, we don't do free delivery as it's delivered direct from Illbruck as we normally order for each specific job and in quantity.

Thanks

Dortech can supply me the ME508 so going to get a roll of that 100mm use outside and in.  Can you tell me if you sealed to the timber frame or to the building wrap.  Illbruck do not recommend sealing to the breathable membrane but I do not want to cut it and risk it leaking.

Also I am going to use compriband tape and PU foam.

Edited by GrantMcscott