My garage balcony - Planning permission applied for.

AlanUK

So, if my neighbour objects, what are the chances that this planning permission will be allowed?  I enclose the location drawing I submitted.  I live in No 1, and they are in No. 2, and own the land running alonside mine, to the upper left part of the plan.  I own the land to the upper right (in the direction the balcony will face). 

The garage is mostly now built and the PP is just for the balcony/platform on the back (marked in red).

General area.jpg

Edited by AlanUK

An objection does not mean Planning will be refused as the final decision is that of the LPA (or Committee if it went that far). Planning decisions stay with the property/site and not the person so the decisions are based on the existing and future impact.

I personally can’t see why Planning would be refused as any potential overlooking would not appear to affect anybody’s amenity space.

17 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

An objection does not mean Planning will be refused as the final decision is that of the LPA (or Committee if it went that far). Planning decisions stay with the property/site and not the person so the decisions are based on the existing and future impact.

I personally can’t see why Planning would be refused as any potential overlooking would not appear to affect anybody’s amenity space.

Thanks.  I agree about the potential for overlooking.  the land is semi-farmland anyway, as the owner keeps sheep on there.  They do rather get a bit anal about "privacy" though, and grow the hedges really high, so I'm expecting a complaint.