Polished Indian Sandstone

Hello All.

I picked up a pack of polished Indian Sandstone today, I've always wanted one of these patios as I think they look very smart, so I am now the proud owner of 1/4 of a ton of polished sandstone in a random assortment of sizes.

I have laid plenty of patios over the years and always do them properly so I am not unfamiliar with laying slabs, but these guys are a different kettle of fish I feel. To be honest they are more like really thick tiles.

So I am looking for someone with experience of laying this stuff - any tips or tricks - does the method change much from ordinary, more robust slabs? Usual sharp and cement mix?

Thanks.

Sounds like my limestone pavers - very smooth on the surface and not much rougher underneath.

Landscaper laid them on a full bed of wet mortar - a few have popped due to water ingress and frost (we used the easy join stuff to fill the gaps) and I've bonded them back down with a few dabs of CT1 - seems to have worked.

3 hours ago, Wagas said:

Is polished the same as honed? Ours are honed and we didn't do anything different regarding install. Maybe speak with your supplier if in doubt.

IMG_1242.jpeg

What’s that cladding you have?

Thanks for the responses all.

I think as with most things, it's all in the prep, I am fairly sure my usual approach to slab laying will work here.

I am going to lay them out on the lawn to find the pattern and number them with chalk and make a plan once I know what I want. I think that is the simplest way, I was going to measure them and count the bits and CAD it up to see how it looks but I think it would be better to actually lay it out.