Insulated inaccessible loft?

Benjseb

We have a loft which is about 40sqm, and pitched on one side (I’m sure there’s a more technical word for... Right angled triangle!)

Issue is, it’s only about 3ft tall at the tallest point so on average about 1.5ft tall. Not enough to crawl into

theres a dusting of insulation in there but it’s very patchy and needs topping up

the only suggestion I’ve had so far is to tear the ceiling down and replace it, adding fibreglass insulation as it’s constructed. 

or lower the ceiling and add 50/100mm kingspan. There’s a slight curve on the ceiling towards the wall so the latter option would be tricky. 

I’m thinking there must be something we can blow in (cellulose) perhaps by making some holes along the room in the ceiling?

Any tips? It’s rather cold in the winter!

cheers

Cut a hatch about 450mm square and then insulate with the plastic/ foil wrapped fibre as you can shove it into the edges with a broom. Head torch and a mask are a necessity...!

Then when you’re done, pull the last layers over the hole you’ve made and screw the carefully removed panel back to some battens you’ve screwed around then outside edge of the hole, fill the gaps and you’re nice and warm in winter ..!