Insulated raft foundation contractor Northwest?

magutosh

Hi,

Does anyone know contractors who has experience with insulated raft foundation that covers northwest? I'm in Stockport to be precise.

I've obtained initial quote from Kore, Isoquick and AFT, would like to explore supply only option for cost comparison.

Many thanks!

Dominic

To be honest I doubt you'll find one, but that shouldn't matter.

I went through the same process in Bristol and could only find one who had previously done an insulated raft. Any competent groundworks team should be able to prepare a base to a suitable standard ready for the EPS given the right spec.

As far as I know Isoquick will always assist with laying the EPS onto prepared ground which ensures it will be right. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dominic,

Do you have any technical drawings of your insulated raft design? I'm a groundwork contractor and about to build my own house. I'm considering an insulated raft for my build, not only for the added insulation benefits but to also give our company experience in using the system, as like you say there doesn't appear to be many people offering that service in the North West. It would be a great help if i had some working drawings to be able to price a comparison between the insulated raft and a traditional footings/insulated slab.

Thanks,

Robert.