Large roofing materials supply business in East Midlands.

Way back at the start of my self build before the foundations were dug a nearby builder recommended a large regional roofing supply business in the East Midland. I think it was between Nottingham and Sheffield.

Does anyone know the likely name of the business he was referring to?

On 12/08/2020 at 11:58, PeterW said:

Rinus are good but wider than that area. Burton Roofing in Sheffield have decent stock and pricing - depends what you are after 

I should have specified.

1. Slate
  2. Angled slate ridge tiles
  3. Underfelt
  4. Regular lead flashing
  5. Whatever lead grade is used in a chimney to create a full flashing skirt across the full depth of a chimney.
  6. Decent metal valley as I have been warned off using a GRP valley.

GRP valleys are fine - they really don’t leak if you get the decent ones not the cheap ones. Lead is better but you need to cost in valley boards and time to fit so is 4-5 times the cost of GRP. 

You’d be better with a ventilated ridge system and using a fully breathable membrane. Cromar make a couple of good ones, as do the usual suspects such as aTyvek and Protek but I can’t see what doubles the price. Be aware though they all have a maximum exposure time of 3-6 months depending on the manufacturer so you need to have your roofer planned and booked before the membrane goes on.  

All lead will be Code 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassanclan said:

I imagine the roofer will want code 3 lead for the soakers and code 4 for the cover flashing

Soakers can be done in code 4 - for the sake of 0.5mm thickness it’s not really much of a saving. Also stops cock ups of the wrong product being used.