Stone cladding/slips

• 4 weeks later...

Following this one too. What sort of stone are you looking for? We’re going to be aiming for Cotswold Stone, probably from the stone company called Cotswold stone! Unless anyone can suggest different/cheeper/alternative options?

On 08/09/2020 at 13:42, ZacP said:

anyone can suggest different/cheeper/alternative options

how much a sq m ?

and then of course you have to fit them 

as things stand  intend to clad my house but i will be using isotex or durisol --which means I can just use mortar direct to the icf -most pol icf will need some sort of backing system I thin --I would check with your ICF supplier

unless you are not really talking about "slips " which are 7-20mm thick ,but really another wall with ties to the poly ICF

Edited by scottishjohn

Around 160sqm. Fitting isn't a problem, I've found a good builder who will do it, or my wife and I will be out all hours doing it bit by bit. 

Cotswold stone quoting around £65/m +vat+del excl fit.

1 minute ago, ZacP said:

Around 160sqm. Fitting isn't a problem, I've found a good builder who will do it, or my wife and I will be out all hours doing it bit by bit. 

Cotswold stone quoting around £65/m +vat+del excl fit.

so how is he attaching "slips" -thin bits to your poly ICF- mortar direct to poly icf  or mounting system which slips are then attached to --.

I just don,t see slips sticking  directly to poly icf .

link ot type of slips you going to use?

• 1 month later...
On 12/09/2020 at 21:07, scottishjohn said:

so how is he attaching "slips" -thin bits to your poly ICF- mortar direct to poly icf  or mounting system which slips are then attached to --.

I just don,t see slips sticking  directly to poly icf .

link ot type of slips you going to use?

Were probably going down the woodcrete rute as it's possible t bnd directly t the external surface. 

14 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

post up costs for products and quoted delivery costs--not  a guess 

I don't have formal quotes for all options and the exact price depends on specific product variant, that's why I shared rough number and not specific.  They aren't simply guesses.

Tier/Norstone/WildStone all appear to be in the £58-68 range.

The real stone cladding stone panel quote (for black state) was £44.

The taylor maxell StonePanel was £86 (but may vary based on exact stone choice).

The Taylor Maxwell is product is very good, 50mm deep and real chunks of stone.. whereas the wild-stone product, while it looks great online, seems to be simply formed/painted concrete.

I used these guys for mine. Not sure if they have a base on the mainland or the delivery costs though.

https://www.mcmonaglestone.com/professional/stone-cladding-and-building-stone

It is real stone. During the very long research phase I went and seen a few builds that had used the concrete dyed option and you could see that the walls that got hit by the sun the most had already started to fade. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan F said:

I don't have formal quotes for all options and the exact price depends on specific product variant, that's why I shared rough number and not specific.  They aren't simply guesses.

Tier/Norstone/WildStone all appear to be in the £58-68 range.

The real stone cladding stone panel quote (for black state) was £44.

The taylor maxell StonePanel was £86 (but may vary based on exact stone choice).

The Taylor Maxwell is product is very good, 50mm deep and real chunks of stone.. whereas the wild-stone product, while it looks great online, seems to be simply formed/painted concrete.

delivery from europe would be main cocern on costs