Pyronix or Visonic

HI

Just about to install a wireless system into my sons new build,I have been installing since the late 80`s always used Scantronic (qualified sparks fit alarms as and when needed) and all hard wired there not much to go wrong really.

Now going down the wireless route for the first time and looking at the most popular Pyronix or Visonic.

I would appreciate any advice on which product to use.

Thanks 

Richard 

We have a visionic wireless alarm and a handful of wireless PIR sensors but its 13 years old so things may have changed.

Positives..

Very impressed with their Quad series PIR sensors. Good battery life if you turn off the LED on them after set up (jumper inside). Never had a false alarm but we don't have pets.

We use key fobs to arm/disarm the system like you do a car. We never use the key pad on the panel so its hidden away in a cupboard.

It dials my mobile using land line when there is a status change. 

It has a wired output that could be used to operate an electronic lock, making it even more car like, but we've not used that.

It has a wired input so you could connect some wired sensors if you wanted, but we've not done that.

Negatives..

The set up menu i found complicated. Lots of features we never use. Things like "walk out zones" which I believe are sensors configured not to trip the alarm while you leave the building after arming via the control panel (which we never do because we use key fobs). You get 30-60 seconds anyway so we can still arm it while indoors.

Our system is too old to linked to a security camera system. Well I think it could be but needed a box that wasn't available in the UK when we installed it. So we have a separate camera system. The integration might be better now?

We have a Pyronix system, as we have had in our last couple of houses too.

All wireless now, so straightforward to install. Not issues with battery life, or false alarms. It was installed by a local alarm company, but I don't see why you couldn't do a self install.

What we like is that they now have an app that you register the system with and you can set and unset the system as well as check  its status via the app.They do charge £36 a year for the subscription.

The one issue we have is that maybe once every few months there seems to be a problem with they system for a few hours and you cannot set it remotely. You can still set it via the the panel.

You can use their app with CCTV also, but we have a separate app for that at the moment.