Hello Everyone

Ness

10 minutes ago, Ness said:

Wish some one one had some me"real" parenting.... lol! ??? 

If anything like us you'll be seriously overprotective of the first.....then neglect the second.

With the first one every noise is someone breaking in to steal them. With the second that bang/creak will just  be the 2/3 year old going downstairs which is fine 'cos it knows how to turn the tv on!

Makes them far more self sufficient!

Edited by Onoff

Lol.... @Onoff yep.... sounds right! This is number 3 thou..... so I am thinking feral all the way ?? Our daughter is 12, so I am hoping she will be pretty useful???

You never know..... stranger things have happened ?? 

1 hour ago, Ness said:

Yes.... but we like that show..... we have our own reasons for doing it and I am more than happy to show the real ups and downs. If it helps someone else in the future..... so be it! I don't know anyone that's ever had a perfect self build and even if someone takes away the fact that they should choose a structural engineer better..... it's worth it in my eyes :) 

Absolutely agree - good on yeah - We contacted the Programme people too and they have advised us to get back in touch once the TF has been ordered, which we will.

Will look forward to hearing about your experiences and or seeing the results in due course. Any idea of the broadcast dates etc., yet?

PW

We don't get paid at all @ProDave.... my theory is giving value back.... that why sites like this are so great! 

Thank you @Redoctober.... we were very dubious of other shows.... but Building the dream seemed different. I must say Charlie Luxton was lovely and really helpful when he looked through plans and bits. He does know his stuff. 

It should be aired this summer, but I very much doubt that is happening, so presumably next year now. Our loan that was arranged (till we sold) was revoked due to "Brexit" and uncertainty in the market. Then our buyers pulled out of our house sale after 8 weeks, so here we are today with new buyers (hoping to complete end of this month or Feb) and foundations..... still a long road ahead! 

So..... what will be will be! 

I have given up trying trying to plan too much..... lol! ?? 

Good luck with your show too..... sounds exciting.... we had to go through interviews and all sorts ??

We are in Norfolk and I spoke to Building the dream.

Like you we didn't think we could build our house in time for the program as we have so many conditions which seem to be taking longer than anticipated to deal with.

We decided not to go ahead with being on the program.

Keeping our fingers crossed that we can at least get the foundations completed this year.

Good Luck with you house sale.

3 hours ago, Ness said:

It should be aired this summer, but I very much doubt that is happening, so presumably next year now. Our loan that was arranged (till we sold) was revoked due to "Brexit" and uncertainty in the market. Then our buyers pulled out of our house sale after 8 weeks, so here we are today with new buyers (hoping to complete end of this month or Feb) and foundations..... still a long road ahead!

That bit I have great sympathy with. I hope it goes through this time. At least you have people looking at the house, that would be something....

And as for Bankers (not sure that is the correct spelling) pulling the rug from under you. Been there got the tee shirt too. 

Thank you @ProDave..... don't even get me started on estate agents..... lol! 

And you sure said it...... bankers alright.... there another one.... lol! Rekon we could dedicate a whole threat to that one..... ha ha ??

Thank you @JaneM.... I wish you all the luck with yours too. I think I commented on your post yesterday with 21 conditions? We had that too, ours were not too bad in the end. Dont make the mistake I did..... the ones that say "prior to the commencement of any work" take 8 weeks to get discharged with Breckland! I had no idea and we only had 6 weeks till our planning ran out.... doh! Got there thou..... phew! 

The homebuild and renovation shows are good to go to and just ask if you ask if you need any help. I discharged all our conditions myself (well the ones that needed to be done so far) x

Thank you @TheMitchells..... it isn't in full swing yet, but we have a basic site up..... your welcome to have a nose. We wanted to share info to help other people, even simple things like trying to get a digger without being scammed.... lol! Once I pop the baby out, I will knuckle down and get some serious blogs on there ?? 

it's www.selfbuild-ecobuild.co.uk :) 

thanks - have had a look and the house looks impressive!  Site is wonderful - I am very green!  But then I suppose we always have the option of moving somewhere cheaper where we may find something that good.  Was the land already yours?  Before you got planning?

• Like 1

Thank you @TheMitchells.... our house was originally a CSH level 6, but we changed it after the government scrapped it. It shouldn't really cost anything to run once built (well that's the plan) and yes we already had the plot (it was part of our current house) 

Planning was a nightmare, took nearly 5 years in the end and our first house was refused for looking "too normal" amongst other things. We are outside the building boundary, so we had to getting planning via paragraph 55 of the NPPF. All things that need to go in the blog! We have loads of info before we have properly started..... lol! ??

if we had to purchase the land with permission on top, we wouldn't have been able to afford it..... so the time was well spent. ?