Permitted Development loft conversion bungalow, with existing single storey extension

Hello all,

Any clarification would be much appreciated. 

We have a bungalow to which we added a single storey rear extension under prior approval with no problems, permission was given in 2016. This extension is 6 meters out and just under 7m across with a max height of 3m. 

We submitted a full planning application to extend into loft with a small front dormer, hip to gable and rear box dormer. A porch was also showing on the plans. This was refused. 

We have started building under what we believe is PD, hip to gable, rear dormer, set back as it should be and no not more than 50cubic meters. 

However, I am really confused about Part B of the technical guidance for PD that states something about ant enlargement to dwelling house being taken into consideration for the loft volume limits. 

My question is, will a single storey extension on a bungalow count towards the loft volume? 

Or are they referring to roof space as in pitched roof extension?

We have started building and I am so confused!

There is a bungalow opposite that has received PD for a loft conversion and 3 meter extension which by our calculations would still take him over the cubic volume limit.

Many thanks in advance.

My reading is that any roof space you added when building the single storey extension counts towards the allowance for the loft conversion. Eg the volume of rooms on the ground floor of the extension don't count towards the allowance.

Edited by Temp