BG Hardwall Plaster

Hi,

I've emailed BG about this but with everything going on I think they are operating skeleton staff, as i've had no reply yet, pretty sure someone will know the answer to this on here...

As most people are finding, Multifinish is hard to come by. I've got my bags of hardwall ready to start the basecoat, but can I do the basecoat and have it totally dry before doing the top coat?

If so i can get that done and scratch it ready for the MF when its back in stock. My dad seemed to think it shouldn't be totally dry, but i'm not convinced it matters, and can always spray with a bit of water before the MF if needs be?

Regards

Mike

You should be able to get multi finish 

I was talking to the rep yesterday

He was saying that production is back to normal

Depending on how experienced you are at plastering 

You can get all your floating done 

Then damp the walls down before you skim 

Years ago we would float a full house out and go and board the next one while the joiners would put the skirts and arcs on 

It was unheard of to fit skirtings to skimmed walls 

5 minutes ago, nod said:

You should be able to get multi finish 

I was talking to the rep yesterday

He was saying that production is back to normal

Depending on how experienced you are at plastering 

You can get all your floating done 

Then damp the walls down before you skim 

Years ago we would float a full house out and go and board the next one while the joiners would put the skirts and arcs on 

It was unheard of to fit skirtings to skimmed walls 

This will be my first time doing the basecoat, used boards last time, have used bonding coat in the past but only on small areas. I've got 15mm stop end trims to nail on as a depth guide to ensure it'll be perfectly level ready for the top coat.

Just checked wickes again, and the stock is getting closer, so maybe another couple of weeks and it'll be in the local store.