Shower fixing and testing

Pocster

21 minutes ago, pocster said:

Found it !!

FDC1CA26-34A5-4C33-9FC8-6F676B72AF44.thumb.jpeg.842d41b56650d6a7aab8d1b9ed6247d3.jpeg

then lost it again !! Aargh ! Need to buy a bag of them - bet there isn’t a ‘standard’ size !!

Lucky there's no crap on the floor for it to get lost in!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pocster said:

Still don’t like a big hole

Not what I heard...

As Dave says.

20180611_172533

Tile neatly cut. I can get all the necessary tools to dismantle, remove cartridges etc

20190128_191244

Horseshoe of silicone, open at the bottom:

20190128_191501

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The hole in your final wall covering needs to be more accurate

shower_valve.thumb.jpg.a4ec28da2294a85a4d2ed7d5aa862908.jpg

The lines drawn show the extent of the cover plate so the access hole for the thermal mixer cartridge could nor be any bigger.

Not a problem - so the tile cuts need to be more accurate . The instructions though seem to suggest the opposite....

I don’t want it that access becomes an issue afterwards 

image.jpg

Mine and Dave's cover plates are the same make. They're not that wide to cover necessary future access holes hence the accuracy.

Besides, cutting sharp internal corners and aren't the tiles more likely to crack?

& don't use CT1 to stick the cover plate on unless you don't want to ever get it off again. Use ordinary clear silicone.

Edited by Onoff

Just now, Onoff said:

& don't use CT1 to stick the cover plate on unless you don't want to ever get it off again. Use ordinary clear silicone.

Ah ! Was going to use ct1 - will make a mental note not to . 6 months later I’ll forget and stick it on with ct1 . 2 years later when I need to remove the plate you can link to this thread .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Ah ! Was going to use ct1 - will make a mental note not to . 6 months later I’ll forget and stick it on with ct1 . 2 years later when I need to remove the plate you can link to this thread .

...just edited my post to add about the cover plate width.

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Mine and Dave's cover plates are the same make. They're not that wide to cover necessary future access holes hence the accuracy.

Besides, cutting sharp internal corners and aren't the tiles more likely to crack?

Fair enough . My plates quite wide ( see photo ) . Though if you think it’s pants - I’ll recut the holes - probably make a template first . I only did it as a ‘crude’ rectangle because the destructions said so .

image.jpg

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

Fair enough . My plates quite wide ( see photo ) . Though if you think it’s pants - I’ll recut the holes - probably make a template first . I only did it as a ‘crude’ rectangle because the destructions said so .

image.jpg

I'm thinking rather than take your boards off just cut to fit and stick on a bit of tanking membrane. There's a pick somewhere of one @Nickfromwales did.

Edit: Found it!

image.jpg

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'm thinking rather than take your boards off just cut to fit and stick on a bit of tanking membrane. There's a pick somewhere of one @Nickfromwales did.

Edit: Found it!

image.jpg

Could do . But I’ll do it properly so everyone thinks I’m skilled !!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

Could do . But I’ll do it properly so everyone thinks I’m skilled !!

I bought a set of the cheapo diamond grit edged holesaws then a couple slightly bigger.

20180921_162343

Made a template that the tile dropped into then used that to cut the tile.

20180918_180825

20180918_180901

Fill with water & drill:

20180918_181107

20180918_181921

Cheap ceramics but the cut is perfect:

20180918_182243

20180918_182058

40 minutes ago, pocster said:

Cut a new board . Think I would have access to everything 

ABD02362-9754-40D8-A966-3FB32ACDA057.jpeg

E52A00DE-D399-401E-9950-3C020346E691.jpeg

As long as the biggest box / socket required will fit later on. Think this is 46mm (more commonly use on Land Rovers I believe).

20180613_211248

• Like 1