This is a subject that had escaped us nearly during the reaserch and design phase of our build.

We are I would think looking at a fit into our new build and fitting into the existing house as and when and where it could be practical.

We had our design highlited for better practice with seeking planning in regard to the new toilet space we are creating under the stairs which we got needed some form of vent.

It will almost become the centre of the house and in need if a ventilation or blowing of wiffs!

The original dining room will also become 4m away from an exterior vent so that i guess will need some form of vent.

The extemsion element of the build will be in isotex block ans raft floor foundations possibly with wet underfloor heating.

The roof is being researched but we woukd be looking at a much insulationas is possible without costing us the earth!

More practical affordable approach over what i beleive to be passive approach.

Is there much variance in cost between systems?

We have identified or been told so far we should look at....

2 wet rooms kitchen utility

1 isolated room mid house

1 toilet under stairs

2 bathrooms upstairs

Can a MHVR be used to distribute heat across the house too or am i being overly ambitious?

What have others used?

Your help and practical approach here is welcomed and thanks in advance 

Is the question : does passivhaus design and build cost more than more traditional design and build? 

If so, yes, it does. Much difference? Depends on too many factors to give sensible advice at this level.

From your post, I think you might be interested in this document about the Enerphit Standard: in essence, a passivhaus retrofit standard.

Here's a list of other resources you might like to read

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ianfish said:

Can a MHVR be used to distribute heat across the house too or am i being overly ambitious?

As air carries very little heat it’s usually assumed that with the small air volumes associated with MVHR , no. I am sure it help a little but the insulation and air tightness must be near 100%..