Permission Granted!! Eventually.....

Piers

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. 

Coming up on 2 years since we first instructed our architect and over 8 months from submitting our planning application, we have finally been granted permission.

It's been a tale of missed bat season, incompetent planning officer, excruciatingly slow conservation officer, numerous complaints and all capped off with some pretty ridiculous pre-construction conditions.

But we're there! 

In the time it's taken us, I've done back to brick renovations on 5 projects plus a couple of loft and rear extensions plus we've had a child and a global pandemic (which I blame on our resident brown long-eared bats)

Oh and we've also completed our permitted development outbuilding/yoga studio/stealth shed

472117273_stealthshed2.thumb.jpg.308f0f1004eb5319c11240bf6a48afe7.jpg

stealth shed.jpg

All I'm hoping for now is to get the foundations in before winter. 

Edited by Piers
  • Like 8

Two years! Thought I had it bad (about 14 months). Much the same reasons as you listed except for the bats.There are loads about but for some reason nobody ever raised them as an issue.

Love the stealth shed. Thinking I'll do something similar with the site shipping container after we're done.

Envious of 8 months to get planning... We were 12months, and that was with a lot of shouting and pushing.