Internorm: Order with solar glass, or apply external film later?

tanneja

On 15/06/2021 at 19:12, osmononame said:

For what its worth I ended up with SKN176 coating on my rear elevation and unless side by side you couldnt really tell that it was solar glass.

We went for 176 II, the build is still ongoing so not finished and inside, but I don't feel the view to outside is impacted relative to the regular TG windows.  The degree to which overheating is avoided is unknown, hopefully it should be as expected by the glass metrics.  My problem elevations are east and south, so if west is the main issue, I shouldn't have as many problems.

Edited by tanneja

• 3 months later...
On 01/08/2020 at 09:27, Pete said:

We have solar glass on our South facing Internorm windows and it works really well. Only yesterday I was next to one of the windows whilst it was 28 degrees outside and there was hardly any noticeable difference in temp next to the glass.

Not sure what to suggest here as your comments remind us of our nightmare with Internorm. Sadly they (Internorm)are not bothered about the problems their inadequacies create and so although the product is great, the service and most definitely the after service leave a lot to be desired. What people need to understand with Internorm is whenever there is a fault, be it a mis measure, damage etc it always takes approx 3 months to correct the mistake. There is no rushing an order through to get the job done, they are a massive world wide company and your damaged window will get replaced when it goes through the normal system like everything else. My windows are still not right and my original installation was late 2017. I have just received a new trim and seal for roof terrace door as apparently it is the wrong type of door for my location. There is no one to fit it so it is being left to me as my original window company no longer deal with Internorm  and sort of went bust. 

Appalling, sorry to read that but thank you for the review of internorm. They have just lost a customer.