RHI FOR IDIOTS

Can anybody point me at some real life RHI information. 

Who here has gone that route. 

What in laymen’s words is it all about. 

Im getting calls once a week saying I can get this I can have that, and all it screams to me is big con. 

I had a couple of quotes when I thought I was going ground source heat pump and they where eye watering, it all just seamed like they ramp the price up because your going to get a chunk back. 

What you all think. 

Get a quote for your heating system you want with the RHI.  Then look up the price of the equipment and work out what they are charging for install Vs the RHI you will receive.  Then we can work out how much of the RHI will just end up in the pocket of the installers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Can anybody point me at some real life RHI information. 

Who here has gone that route. 

What in laymen’s words is it all about. 

Im getting calls once a week saying I can get this I can have that, and all it screams to me is big con. 

I had a couple of quotes when I thought I was going ground source heat pump and they where eye watering, it all just seamed like they ramp the price up because your going to get a chunk back. 

What you all think. 

bottom line is 

If your house is very well insulated then the amount you will get is diddly squat

only works out if you are revamping an old house with bad heat retention and poor insulation 

the better it is the less they give you -

so for your house --no 

it worked for me  cos the man that did the survey was sensible and told me not to upgrade the insulation and windows etc  level till after he had done calculation  or  i would end up with too good a rating

got the grant -then upgraded the insulation 

new house

yours will be far too good to get anything 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 3