Coping

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me and tell me what the coping is called in the picture attached.

Any idea where I'd find them? Or what they would be described as?

I've searched saddleback coping but that comes back with a more harsh point at the top and the ones I'm looking for have a less harsh angle.

Thanks 

IMG-20200628-WA0020.jpg

I think I it’s too solid for a ridge tile, I believe it’s a saddle wall coping stone.

image.png.2de2f657327232f9b95969d05cb916b9.png

Perhaps the most common, saddle - or twice-weathered - wall coping stones are shaped in a similar way to a hip roof, with the same end goal of maximising water runoff. These wall copings are designed to direct water to either side as they are angled on both sides with a ridge running down the centre.

Usually, these are found on garden walls and balustrading, where it doesn’t matter which direction the runoff goes. They may also have ‘drip grooves’ on the underside of the overhanging section of the coping, which prevent water from dripping onto the wall itself and causing damage.

Saddle wall coping stones can come with a pointed ridge or can be rounded at the top. Either serve the same purpose, so it’s usually an aesthetic decision to opt for one over the other.

• Like 1