Recommended Plastic Pipe and fittings

Drew1000

Hep2o and JG Speedfit are the two big names, some people favour Hep, others JG.

Personally I have used quite a bit of JG and I have had no issues, I have never used Hep2o.

The JG lay flat pipe is much better than the normal stuff and is worth paying a bit extra for.

Edited by wozza

I've used a lot of both but now always favour Hep2O. As Peter says the inserts are a bit better (assuming he's referring to the bigger bore and barbs helping prevent pullout) and they just feel a bit better quality to me. I also like the 'In4Sure' feature which proves the pipe is fully inserted. All Hep2O pipe is polybutylene (PB) and so of the 'lay flat' variety (unlike cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) which has a coil memory so can be a right pain). The tool-less feature of JG Speedfit might be considered an advantage for some (perhaps a disadvantage for others!) but the Hep2O release tools are compact enough to have never been an issue for me even where space is tight. You can get a free sample of Hep2O here.

Both systems are perfectly fine though and well regarded.

P.S. You should've started off with the question 'copper or plastic?' Guaranteed to get a hundred replies (and you'll still be left undecided).

Edited by MJNewton
  • Like 1

MJ,

With solid I Joists plastic was the only real option.  I had been a fan of copper for years and still use it in certain circumstances but the default option now has to be plastic providing it is installed correctly.

Regards

1 hour ago, Drew1000 said:

MJ,

With solid I Joists plastic was the only real option.  I had been a fan of copper for years and still use it in certain circumstances but the default option now has to be plastic providing it is installed correctly.

Regards

I use copper where it is on show and Hep2O everywhere else. A lot of it is soldered but if I need to have easy access / no soldering in cupboards then I use Tectite fittings. 

• Like 1