hi from Dublin

oddjob

Hi all

I'm a serial DIYer who's done a fair bit prior to this covid business but have been given free rein now that I work from home all the time.

We bought the house 10 years ago and I did all the inside of it up, just a bit of plastering and painting, new kitchen and what not.
Now I'm tackling the garden, an old boundry wall had collapsed when we moved in and it's stayed that way until now, I've dug down footings for it and got most of it back up to where it keeps the neighbours garden from sliding in to ours and from toppling over.

My wife saw that it was going well enough so I was told to build a seating area at the back as well, the back bit is on a slope so more digging for footings and a few block walls are needed there too.

Now I'm told to build a little covered area that attaches to out house where we can sit and have lunch/dinner on nice enough days.
This is where I need some input, as I'm unsure of the load and span width calculations and  would prefer to be able to eat my dinner without having to worry about the roof falling down on me.

Thanks for having me

• Like 1