Starting self build in Lincolnshire fens

Randomusername

Hello, I’ve purchased a building plot with planning permission for two detached properties.

I am getting started with some work including creating an access to the site, commissioning a designer, and trying to get the new boundary with the neighbours who sold the plot properly fenced.

I'm trying to get my head around the VAT situation with supply of materials by tradesmen, and struggling! Will post separately in the relevant section. 

Indicative site plan attached for those interested. 

DFB4241C-9558-4BB4-BA13-E1A62C91376E.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

Welcome, are you planning on building both houses?

Thanks for the welcome!

To be honest I’m not sure at this point. It very much depends on a number of variables. 
I may need to sell one plot in order to finance the build - like many others my income and current funds have been negatively effected by Covid. 
If I can get affordable finance I intend to build one property, sell it and then use the funds to complete the second. 

On 27/07/2020 at 19:12, Dreadnaught said:

@epsilonGreedy is building in Lincolnshire. And a few others are in north Cambridgeshire.

I am indeed though Lincolnshire is one of the larger English counties, Stamford to Grimsby is a 2 hour drive. South Holland (District Council) is 40 minutes away from me, even so the OP is welcome to visit.

There is another timber frame forum self build going up a further 30 minutes north of me.

• Like 1