Temporary water supply

nod

On our first build we where lucky that the plot seller lived next door

a d we where able to use there outside tap 

Almost until moving in 

On the plot we are buying there has been a feud between the sellers father and the farmer next door 

So we are not  Expecting any favors If we have get a temporary Supply near the house I’m assuming run to a boundary box and Metre 

Will I be able to run a supply to the house at a later date  
Or do I need to run a pipe from the house to the mains as before 

and pay for a new connection at a later date 

We were supposed to put in a standpipe just after the boundary box for use during the build and the pipe going into the house was our responsibility although they wanted to check we had run the pipe to the house properly (depth and no sudden turns) as it happened it took so long to get the supply the house was built and we had used neighbours water supply, they did charge us £200 for building water which I should have reclaimed but couldn’t be bothered by that time!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, nod said:

Will I be able to run a supply to the house at a later date  
Or do I need to run a pipe from the house to the mains as before and pay for a new connection at a later date 

This is exactly what we did. We arranged for SW to connect us from the Mains supply across the single track lane, into the Boundary box and then through our hedge into the plot, whereby the plumber fixed up a standpipe arrangement for the builders. [We had to pay for the road to be dug up and the trench to be dug through the hedge mind].

Eventually, when we were ready to move indoors so to speak, SW came out and connected us up completely, burying the connection at the standpipe junction.

I can't recall whether or not I paid up front or at the conclusion of the job but nonetheless, the total costs back in 2018 was £976 of which I reclaimed £19.68 in VAT.

• Thanks 1