House name sign

Thedreamer

There are lots online. Many have standard sizes and the aspect ratio of your house name may not suit the aspect ratio of the standard dimension. I recommend printing it out life size to check it looks ok and that the font is big enough to actually read from the road.

I used a company called Slatework Signs.. 

Slateworksigns.co.uk

8 minutes ago, Temp said:

There are lots online. Many have standard sizes and the aspect ratio of your house name may not suit the aspect ratio of the standard dimension. I recommend printing it out life size to check it looks ok and that the font is big enough to actually read from the road.

Slateworksigns.co.uk

You should be able to adjust the aspect ratios of the font by up to 15% each way without detriment using stretching or kerning horizontally or tracking vertically if several lines, or just switch your font.

Those were the sort of adjustments which were possible when I used to design publications (though 7-10% was better).

So I think that should be manageable, depending on how much control you get.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Temp said:

Slateworksigns.co.uk

Thanks Temp had a look at the link but I think they had shut down for a bit.

2 hours ago, Redoctober said:

@Thedreamer We got ours from a company advertising on Etsy.com - about £30 if I recall correctly.

DSC01406.JPG

Thanks RedOctober.

The house name is now registered, we just paid that annoying fee.

We share a similar name.

Druim nan Darach