Weep hole vent recommendations

MortarThePoint

1 minute ago, LA3222 said:

I have the invisiweep, not sure if I'd go with that type again - the hole is very square and bigger than you'd think, ill take some pics later to show you what I mean

I require them all the way around the house at DPC level as I have a gas membrane crossing the cavity. Down there visibility may not be as much of a concern as pest proofing.

You can just make out two above the lights 

We render some mainl Housing associations With weeps ever 450 along the DPC and around the middle of the building 10 mil proud 

They look really bad 

4 hours ago, nod said:

We render some mainl Housing associations With weeps ever 450 along the DPC and around the middle of the building 10 mil proud 

They look really bad 

The Invisiweep sticking 10mm proud or the standard ones. Either way, doesn't sound fantastic

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Is it brick or render finish..? We use these Timloc TW1

It's a mixture of brick and rendered block work with block work inner leaf.

Gosh, they're even smaller. They won't have the "Venturi effect outlet tube that reduces water pressure, allowing for optimal drainage" if you believe that. It's quite a small opening for venting through. Do the TW1 work well?

Edited by MortarThePoint

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Never had enough water in a cavity to worry once the cavity was closed off. When we had open cavities when building they seemed to work fine when it was raining. 

Exactly 

I’ve never seen water dripping out of weeps 

There in the unlikely event they are needed