Porch roof

Ma701ss

Hi, I’m new on here. I’ve come looking for some comments hopefully on how a roofer has set out the battens and tiles on my porch roof (see photos). The rafters are all straight but there’s a “sprocket” on the barge board. On the old installation the tiles were laid along the eaves to match this, and all other courses above seemed to match the same angle. On the new installation the roofer has raised the battens to allow for an undercloak to be fitted. There doesn’t seem to be a batten or tilt fillet at the eaves, so the eaves drop at more of an angle. I presume this has then had a knock-on effect to all tiles on the courses above. So the overall shape and pitch of the roof has changed from the original and I now think it doesn’t look quite right but it’s probably only a minor detail. The roofer didn’t finish, as I had to point out the aluminium soakers were the wrong width and length, and the lead cover flashing and saddle weren’t nstalled correctly. He said it “would all be fine” so on that note we agreed to settle up and now I’m looking to finish it myself.

1836D50D-2450-4236-90C6-6B4163E49E84.png

90773E33-A9D3-42D0-85F8-EAD5D3B7F7F0.png

B1D3D02F-773C-4C59-913D-93B8E5EA25FB.jpeg

Edited by Ma701ss

He’s put the cement board in like he intended pointing it 

Bit late now but I would have raised the facia to finish flush with the battens 

81B6C535-2740-45DB-AD78-C9EEBFBDBD2E.jpeg

Edited by nod