Contamination Phase 2

LSL

To get PD for a class Q conversion we had to have a phase 1 walkover contamination survey.

PD has been granted, but with a condition that we have a phase 2 survey.

The company that did that phase 1 have quoted circa 5k including VAT for the survey and gas monitoriing.

Does anyone know if I have to use the same company, or if I go elsewhere will they have to do their own phase 1 as well.

10 hours ago, LSL said:

To get PD for a class Q conversion we had to have a phase 1 walkover contamination survey.

PD has been granted, but with a condition that we have a phase 2 survey.

The company that did that phase 1 have quoted circa 5k including VAT for the survey and gas monitoriing.

Does anyone know if I have to use the same company, or if I go elsewhere will they have to do their own phase 1 as well.

No reason you can't use another firm, provided you have the full report from phase one.

Are you getting any other benefit from the ground investigation aside from contamination, such as data to help the SE design the foundation system?

No other benefits.

The site used to be a pig farm and so we were asked about the 'slurry'.  I said that they used to be a slurry pit which was just full of water when we purchased the land 20 years ago.  Because of concerns about safety we pumped the water out and filled it with rubble and sub soil with a bit of top soil to finish.

The phase one gave a recommendation that we had gas monitoring for 3 months with fortnightly visits and 3 bore holes into the pit to check the status of the contents.

This is not even within the building curtilage, but in one of our other fields.

but now the LPA are insisting that a phase 2 is done as a pre-commencement condition, so we have no choice.

This is why it is so expensive I think, but I just wondered if I got a cheaper quote if the original surveyors could object that the document is theirs.