Soil Pipe Boxing

andrewjhowes

Hi all,

Recently completed a self-build and putting in some of the finishing touches. Keen to box out soil pipes in a couple of bathrooms but struggling to find the right boxing. Not keen to do it manually with MDF etc or use some of the pre-fab high-quality melamine boxing out there as I want to keep it completely water tight. Ideally would want some UPVC or acrylic l-shaped boxing that I can adjust etc. Does anyone have any info on where they think I can find something like this etc? Any help would be great!

52 minutes ago, andrewjhowes said:

Hi all,

Recently completed a self-build and putting in some of the finishing touches. Keen to box out soil pipes in a couple of bathrooms but struggling to find the right boxing. Not keen to do it manually with MDF etc or use some of the pre-fab high-quality melamine boxing out there as I want to keep it completely water tight. Ideally would want some UPVC or acrylic l-shaped boxing that I can adjust etc. Does anyone have any info on where they think I can find something like this etc? Any help would be great!

Regardless of the finish 

You need to insulate and board with two layers of plasterboard 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Is it inside a shower cubicle?  (why else the need to be watertight?)

Soil pipe for the upstairs toilet goes right under bath which has overhead shower and shower screen. In an ideal world it shouldn't need to be watertight but as it's next to the bath I still have reservations...

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Then box it in with the same material that surrounds the bath?

Have an acrylic bath covering, but a real challenge to find anything suitable in either acrylic or UPVC. That's my reason for the reach out in the forums :)

21 hours ago, andrewjhowes said:

as I want to keep it completely water tight

9 hours ago, andrewjhowes said:

it shouldn't need to be watertight but as it's next to the bath I still have reservations.

Is the bath panel completely water-tight? Is the floor covering sealed and water-tight where the floor meets the walls?

I think you are seriously over-thinking this and would recommend that you fit something such as the wall covering material ( if it's in a shower or splash-back around a bath then it must be water-resistant ) and just do a good job of sealing it up at the end.